Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vlad The Impaler has finally arrived.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome distortions through the domed plexi Brad...

Comment

Brad, THIS one is OFF-THE-CHARTS amazing!! I love everything about it, so much so that it's hard to single out one thing from another on my THIS-is-what-the-Mouse-likes-about-this-watch list. I mean, seriously, as a former aviator and still-current lover of engineering, I guess I could start with the ETA automatic movement, which is surely one of the best-EVER mass-produced timepiece movements OUT there. And, like you, I think that flashlight-lense bezel/plexi-crystal look absolutely amazing together. But if I had to settle for just ONE thing, and ONE thing ONLY, it'd be those thoroughly INSANE hour markers, both from the way the Watchmaker attached them to the case, rather than the face (hey, THAT rhymes!), and the way the shadows gather on the dial as a result of that mounting. It's just cooler-than-COOL!

And, so, because THAT is ultimately my favorite part (in a watch FULL of favorite parts!), I think a good name would be the "SOTAK Piranha," as looking directly at the dial from the center reminds me of a piranha fish with its mouth open, ready to bite the dumb brassard who's holding him so as to take a picture of his evil visage (uh, that's "face," for those of you who went to
      UCLA)!!

"(Son of a gun!) You walked into the party like you were walking onto a yacht, your hat strategically dipped below one eye, your scarf it was apricot; you had one eye in the mirror as you watched yourself gavotte, and all the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner, and you're so vain, you prob'ly think this song is about you; you're so vain!" - Carly Simon

Comment

Wow love the watch & enjoy Brad & true one of a kind!
        Never deprive someone of hope; it may be all they have.

Comment

That is very nice indeed!!!
          No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Super fine and unique , congrats and wear in good health.
            Hazy....try again...

Comment

That's going to be hard to take off for anything else. Congrats!
              Android to Aragon - Wing's the thing.

Comment

Wow, that's a hell of a watch ! Big congrats !

Comment

OUTSTANDING!

I think the name you've given is quite perfect. That's one really insanely beautiful watch! Every element of it compliments each other.

Congrats!
                  Watch fan for over fifteen years now. Seems no end in sight. House will eventually collapse under the weight of watches and winders, but at least I'll always know what time it is!

Comment

Good luck working on the dial as them be sharp, pointy indices. Well done Brad, just over-the-top! "Brad the Impaler" does the job!

Comment

I absolutely love it Brad! Great collaboration. It’s really cool and it’s you. Wear it in good health and congrats.
                      We already have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?

Comment

Looks great Brad...won't see another like that...beastly for sure...

Comment

Sorry Brad. I'm going to have to give it a thumbs down....

On the name....

The watch is badass tho! I'd buy one on a bracelet.

Namewise, the pointer teeth obviously stand out when I look at that bad boy, the case looks dive inspired, and since you put in a lume dial I would have named it Angler.
                          I am fighting a nasty flu and my ass is way to lazy/weak/sore to walk over to the laptop to cut and paste a picture of an anglerfish for you. Maybe some other WiT will be nice enough to do so if you're not familiar with this fish. It lives in the Deep dark ocean is basically all teeth with a glow-in-the-dark lure on its noggin that it uses as bait to eat other smaller marine life.

Congrats on the original killer piece.

Comment

• sota0003
                            sota0003 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yep I know exactly the fish you mean....good call there. I too was thinking bracelet at some point maybe

Some men are morally opposed to violence. Fortunately for them, the men that protect them are not

Comment

That's as cool as the other side of the pillow, yet as tough as if the pillow somehow knocked out all your teeth. You designed one bad M"fer(shut your mouth, just talking about Vlad, your damn right) a little Isaac Hayes Shaft reference cause that's bad-assed.

Comment

I wonder how long it will take Invicta to come out with their Coalition forces version?

Comment

Working...
                              X