Due orologi!

johnro6659

Tyme Machine
After I got my last two Sottomarinos I wanted top grab another seeing there were not too many on the ILOVEWATCHES site. Don't know if there will be new ones in the future so I want to get my fill. I grabbed a leather strap 51mm Ancora probably grab an all stainless one next. The other is not Italian BREED Revolution, Haven't gotten a BREED in a while and the price was right I had a few different choices of colors and this one jumped out at me so I ordered it. Realized tonight I have several other watches on their way! I really need to stay off the internet and especially watch E-Tailers.

Untitled-9.jpgUntitled-8.jpgUntitled-10.jpgUntitled-15.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled-7.jpg
    Untitled-7.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled-13.jpg
    Untitled-13.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled-14.jpg
    Untitled-14.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled-12.jpg
    Untitled-12.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled-11.jpg
    Untitled-11.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 0
I have always liked the style and appearance of the Sottomarino Line, though, sadly, I've never pulled the trigger on one of them. The reasons behind this are as simple as the day is long, and. for the most part, just boil down to the avoidance of getting involved with a brand that would almost certainly have led me into an attempt to own every single watch in their catalogue line as it goes back over time. As sometimes happens, there are certain brands that we come to love, and we end up attempting to own everything in that said same catalog, from Giorno Uno until Giorno Ultimo. In MY case, this was the Renato brand, and we ALL know how well something like THAT would have gone! Still, it was THE brand where I was concerned, and I did my best to own as many of them as possible (which turned out to be 38, in the end!). Sottomarino, I believe, would've been NO different, hence my not buying any and simply settling with "admiring them from afar." Sooooo, after all THAT, please allow me to congratulate you on these fine pick-ups, not to mention wishing you the best of luck in your Sottomarino-molto-questo!!

Qualunque cosa tu faccia, non mangiare i calamari in salsa near!! :evil:
È opera del diavolo!! :no::dizzy::no::dizzy::no:

misterjingles There are some things I would want every model amde but with watches and guitars there are only certain ones I would buy no matter how much I like the brand. With the watches I do not buy many puny ones, anything under 42mm is usually a pass for me. Of course I have gotten some small ones as gifts and I rarely wear them. I do have probably 30 Sottomarino watches and looking at the web page I do not see much on there anymore. IMO they might be selling off all the left over stock. There might be one more Sotto I buy and unless they pop up with some new models it might be my last. One of the reasons I like Invicta and brands like Red Line and Elini Barokas is they rarely look like all those cookie cutter watches that are out there. Of course Invicta has the Pro Diver that pretty much looks like a dive watch any brand makes but their other styles can get pretty wild and do attract attention and compliments! I enjoy wearing something that can start a conversation. I have a few Renatos scored them at TJ Maxx a few years ago they had them dirt cheap and I think they were not moving because people just did not know the brand! I got them for $200.00 and less. These days I have a $500.00 limit on what I spend, no more spending 1000s on a watch for me I get no enjoyment out of them than I do a $50.00 watch . Of course there would be a couple exceptions. I have been watching a NOS Chronoswiss Timemaster Day Night at a local shop that has been there for a few years now and if they accept my offer some day I will own it.

John, I find everything in your statement highly reflective of my own views and thoughts on Horology, though, as I get older, I really appreciate the smaller-sized watches and the way they ride on the old wristaroo! I have ALSO gone 'round & round where Invicter is concerned, and have come to the conclusion that, while their QC and customer service really DO need some serious work, they STILL manufacture a very nice, well-made timepiece that, for the MOST part, operates well and looks terrific. Exceptions to this rule for me - and again, ONLY me -- are models like the "Bolt Zeus" (or, as I refer to it, much to the chagrin of a former member/bully here who had a permanent IV LINE of Invicter Kool-Aide fixed into his artery, the "Boilt Zoosk") and some of the other 55-and-up pieces they produce. And, unlike my former colleagues at my former home watch website, a place that has become an absolutely amazing "Home for Watch Crazies" over the last few years (due in large part to their clinically insane 'man-child in-chief' leader, who has, since my departure, become my very own personal stalker), I do NOT believe Invicter nor its owner are eeeeevil criminals, out to suck the last dollar from the poor and downtrodden. I just think that they're routinely a bit on the "ham-fisted" side, making some silly, unforced errors that lead to some equally-bad "optics," as today's media likes to say.

At any rate, a very dear old friend of mine (whom I miss terribly), the last owner of the late, great BDWF (Best Damned Watch Forum) website, once told me HIS simple formula for viewing Invicta through a brutally honest lens: Invicta = crapshoot. Or, as that great and wise philosopher, Forrest Gump's Momma might opine in the case of this very busy watch company,"Invicta is like a box of chocolates, etc." Either way, I personally have NOT given up on Invicta -- or Croton, or SWI, or Renato -- and I refuse to toe the "watchhoards' " 'sensibilities line' when it comes to these sometimes hapless companies or any others...And the funniest thing about THEM is they ALL think they're a great bunch of 'crusaders' for horological honesty, the destruction of eeeeevil Invicter, and so on, and so on, and Scooby-dooby-dew...it's truly a shame that we've "de-institutionalized" the mental health system, as some people just need to be put away somewhere until they demonstrate an ability to live peacefully within society.

And I've gone on long enough, mon ami. Many thanks for you your note, and keep enjoying all them there awesome-as-a-possum-with-steak-SAUCEM WARTCHES!!

misterjingles I have never had an issue with Invicta watches truthfully never understood all the hate. I read several times about their poor customer service but never needed it! I have watches from them at least 20 years old by now and they still tell time almost perfectly. I wish I could say that about some high end 7,8,9 10K ones that spent a lot of time visiting their homes in Switzerland! I am sure you saw the post of my small pro diver that was more than abused and still works fine. I want some one to put their high end watch in a Hobart commercial dishwasher with 180 degree sanitation cycle! My old friend Lucas who was a watchmaker owned a shop here was trained in his home country of Switzerland and worked for a few well know brand religiously wore a Timex. Every time I would show him my newest expensive purchase he would frown and point to his vintage 40s Timex on his wrist! I think the hate for Invicta is just pumped up from a lot of watch sobs who believe you have to spend 1000s to get a good watch. I love fancy watches with crazy movements etc but really 50K 100K a million bucks for a watch?? My most expensive watches were a Hublot Big Bang about 20K my price, Vachone Constantine another 20K watch, several Rolex watches, a couple Pateks I bought pre owned and a few other high end brands over the 10K mark. Back in the day I made a shit ton of dough and wasn't afraid to spend it! LOL When it came down to it the service and costs were out outrageous on a several of them of them. I regret selling a couple but I try not to look back. I just found out one of my newer friends used to own a Jewelry shop and has a ton of Invictas and other mid range brands stored at his house!!! I had a long conversation with him and he said he stopped selling high end brands a long time ago because of the politics that went along with it. He told me that the prices are so inflated it was hard to make a lot of dough profit because the prices were set by the brand and he could not discount them or loose his AD status. I am eventually going to catalog and get prices on these old watches. What I do not want for myself I will probably advertise here help him make some room and maybe give the guys some deals on watches that might be hard to get these days.

Back
Top Bottom