Today Was My Lucky Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

mv5

Tyme Machine
Been a long time since I've posted in LWIG. Been in the NBZ for a few years or so.

I see threads from members who got smokin' deals at the swap meet, flea market or pawn shops. I'm always exited for them (and yes, a little jealous too). Well, today was my turn. I left work, walked up to the bus stop, and guess what? Look what I found sitting under the bench...

20160516_174604_zpsen3tgkwn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's a Fossil model #1470 "Nate" Chronograph. Looks like a pin fell out of the bracelet. I'm guessing the owner probably didn't even know they had lost it. It's a little scratched up (a few on the case and a few on the crystal) but nothing terrible. 45mm case x 12mm thick with a lightly textured dial. It is working although the 30 minute sub dial and chrono hands were out of alignment. I figured out how to correct the chrono hand (sub dial at 6:00) but not the 30 minute dial at 9:00. That's ok. I can live with it. One thing I found interesting about this movement is that the chrono hand resets counter clockwise. Anyone ever see that before?

I took it home and tried it on a few straps. This is the one I've decided on (for now anyway).

20160516_194910-1_zpsyl9hayrn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160516_200509-1_zpss7n4r7mb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Anyway, that's the story of my bus stop find. Really nice to have a "new" watch on the wrist for a change. I'd almost forgotten what it feels like to wear something new (to me).

To whoever it was that lost it, I'm sorry for your loss and...thanks!

Nice find....now you oughta play the lottery. You are on a roll.

An outstanding pick up, indeed. (lol) I think you just might have gotten a better deal than Lee.:cool2: A very sharp upgrade with that strap. Looking good, my friend! ENJOY your good luck!:up::applaud:

An outstanding pick up, indeed. (lol) I think you just might have gotten a better deal than Lee.:cool2: A very sharp upgrade with that strap. Looking good, my friend! ENJOY your good luck!:up::applaud:

It was less than $22.00 :grin

Teacher: Jay, can you use the word Isthmus in a sentence?
Jay: Yes I can Miss McGillacutty. Isthmus be my lucky day!

Great find my friend, love the mono-tone and the texture on that dial, Congrats!

Nice "pick up", Jay. Right place, right time.
But I heard Louie is lookin' for it, and he's not happy...

latest

Nice "pick up", Jay. Right place, right time.
But I heard Louie is lookin' for it, and he's not happy...

Louie can have my watch when he pries it off my cold, dead wrist! (Or after it falls off my wrist at another bus stop).

Louie can have my watch when he pries it off my cold, dead wrist! (Or after it falls off my wrist at another bus stop).

Be careful, Jay.
He's very talented, and he wants that watch back. :wink:

...One thing I found interesting about this movement is that the chrono hand resets counter clockwise. Anyone ever see that before?

...I took it home and tried it on a few straps. This is the one I've decided on (for now anyway).

This is probably the movement in your 'new found' watch (cool because it simulates an auto chrono)...

I have a similar movement in an Android Antiforce Chrono with 2 subdials. Did you find that replacement strap under a bench too? j/k :wink:

ah I was wondering where I left my stealth Fossil. Thanks for finding it for me.... lol

That's pretty wild, just finding a watch like that. Glad it was found by someone that would appreciate it.

Congrats

Great find eagle eye! The strap looks good. Congrats and enjoy!

Nice find Jay enjoy it!

Thanks. Now if I can just get you to drop your Speedmaster...

I wore the watch to work today. Very comfortable. Not too big, not too small. Not too heavy, not too light. Just right. Looks like it's a keeper, although my brother has already hinted that he wants it. It might just be the first time he's seen one of my watches and said that he liked it. I'll hold on to it for a few days before I decide if it's going to him.

Last edited:
Now Jay, you immediately brought that piece to your closest police department as someone else's property, didn't you? JK. Enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom