Citizen Eco-Drive Blue Angels

buzzmartian

Tyme Master
Founding Member
Lee posted a spectacular deal last week on this watch. I had to have it. Came in today. This is another that I’m calling from my “just one more” watch collection.

:outstand:A big congratulations, Buzz!:up::applaud:

Official piece Buzz........
attachment.php

View attachment 21298

Great score, buzz. I've always liked that one. Congrats!

She's a beaut, I can see why you had to have it, I've been trying to say "just one more" for years! :lol:

I've always liked these. I'd like to see a tiny bit of yellow in the strap

Nice looking Citizen watch, congratulations buzz. A lot of these have 23 mm straps, but I'd still make 22 or 24mm work depending on the style. I have a Hirsch Robbie with yellow trim that I use on a few different watches with odd size lugs. There are tons of options to make the yellow accents pop on the dial.

JKksllB.gif

28174479114_6752c6d59a_b.jpg
28177181793_893c002c32_b.jpg

Thank you RW. I’d say if there was one deterrent for this watch, the 23mm lug would’ve been it. Luckily I didn’t care so much. The strap is soft but stiff where it curves around my wrist. I was thinking a NATO style. A Robbie would look killer but for the price I’d like to be able to use it on other watches. I have to look for more compatibility.

You know, for a bunch of Navy guys, them there Bleu Angles sure is a bunch uh good pilots! (Well, for a bunch of slick-wing, shore-duty dweebs, anyhow... :wink:) If there's one thing I learned in my relatively short time as a collector, it's that Citizen Eco-Drives are simply amazing watches that work awesomely, from the first time you pull them out of the box, to, well, I've yet to come to the end of my time with one of them, so, as far as I can tell, thus far, they work perfectly forever! And they've got a style that never ever goes out of style, as can be seen year after year as their new styles hot the watch scene. So, with that kind of record behind them, all I can really say is congratulations on a the great deal obtained, and I hope that you'll enjoy the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks out of this mah-velous Citizen timepiece!!

You know, for a bunch of Navy guys, them there Bleu Angles sure is a bunch uh good pilots! (Well, for a bunch of slick-wing, shore-duty dweebs, anyhow... :wink:) If there's one thing I learned in my relatively short time as a collector, it's that Citizen Eco-Drives are simply amazing watches that work awesomely, from the first time you pull them out of the box, to, well, I've yet to come to the end of my time with one of them, so, as far as I can tell, thus far, they work perfectly forever! And they've got a style that never ever goes out of style, as can be seen year after year as their new styles hot the watch scene. So, with that kind of record behind them, all I can really say is congratulations on a the great deal obtained, and I hope that you'll enjoy the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks out of this mah-velous Citizen timepiece!!

Thank you MJ. The best feature on this model was pulling out the crown, setting it to my time zone then pushing in the crown and the watch set itself. Simply cool.

Love that watch! Mine says HELLO! Ha, I still haven't posted pics of that paracord diver I bought, days after seeing your post about it, but our collections have some commonalities it seems. I'll get to posting soon on it -- I bought a bunch of NATOs to mix up the look a little, but haven't gotten to pics and posting.

That Citizen World Timer is so awesome! Rightfully placed on many "best" lists. My go to travel watch, and now that I found an app to talk to the radio receiver, I don't have to worry that the signal is usually blocked where I live, due to too many buildings, so it's always my most accurate piece (well, I take that back, my Mudmaster also talks to the Atomic Clock, so, it's equally accurate).

do8PPRM.jpg

I also love that they don't have the fiddly task of pulling out the crown and rotating to the chrono function. I think it's one of the best designed movements from Citizen for ease of use and practicality.

It's a special watch, for me. My mom, rest her soul, gifted me a Navihawk Blue Angels edition, when I was young, way back in the days before Eco Drive was even a thing. Or, well it was a thing, but it was not at all common, yet, back then. I first saw it on one of them there fancy "TV Commercials" heralding it as some crazy new tech beyond the realms of reality, haha.

I remember the adverts showing up at the jewelry counter where they sold Citizens, and there was much buzz about it. So commonplace now, haha.

Anyways, my Blue Angels Navihawk was quartz, and, sadly, it failed, many years later, and I don't even know what happened to the watch. Normally I'm a very sentimental guy in all the stuff I keep, but I don't know where it went. A few years before my mom passed, I was able to get this one, to commemorate that watch, which gave my mom a big smile.

Enjoy yours. Looks GREAT on that strap!

Love that watch! Mine says HELLO! Ha, I still haven't posted pics of that paracord diver I bought, days after seeing your post about it, but our collections have some commonalities it seems. I'll get to posting soon on it -- I bought a bunch of NATOs to mix up the look a little, but haven't gotten to pics and posting.

That Citizen World Timer is so awesome! Rightfully placed on many "best" lists. My go to travel watch, and now that I found an app to talk to the radio receiver, I don't have to worry that the signal is usually blocked where I live, due to too many buildings, so it's always my most accurate piece (well, I take that back, my Mudmaster also talks to the Atomic Clock, so, it's equally accurate).

do8PPRM.jpg

I also love that they don't have the fiddly task of pulling out the crown and rotating to the chrono function. I think it's one of the best designed movements from Citizen for ease of use and practicality.

It's a special watch, for me. My mom, rest her soul, gifted me a Navihawk Blue Angels edition, when I was young, way back in the days before Eco Drive was even a thing. Or, well it was a thing, but it was not at all common, yet, back then. I first saw it on one of them there fancy "TV Commercials" heralding it as some crazy new tech beyond the realms of reality, haha.

I remember the adverts showing up at the jewelry counter where they sold Citizens, and there was much buzz about it. So commonplace now, haha.

Anyways, my Blue Angels Navihawk was quartz, and, sadly, it failed, many years later, and I don't even know what happened to the watch. Normally I'm a very sentimental guy in all the stuff I keep, but I don't know where it went. A few years before my mom passed, I was able to get this one, to commemorate that watch, which gave my mom a big smile.

Enjoy yours. Looks GREAT on that strap!

Thank you. It’s a wonderful watch. You have a wonderful story to go along with yours. Thanks for the post.

Back
Top Bottom