Marathon JDD YAMAM

pacco17

Tyme Machine
Founding Member
Here is one you don't see too often. This is definitely a major step for me in my collection. This is probably the most expensive watch in my collection. I purchased this watch over a week ago and it came in yesterday. Even though it is 46mm it wears more like a 50mm watch. This is the special JDD issued to the Israeli anti terrorist group. The bracelet is very comfortable to wear and balances out the watch than being on the rubber strap. I was mistakenly sent the Canadian special forces bracelet instead of the IDF bracelet and will need to swap out the clasp. It runs on the ETA 2836 automatic movement and the date/wheel is in English and Hebrew. Here are some pics:

View attachment 20502

View attachment 20501

View attachment 20500

View attachment 20499

View attachment 20498

Can't go wrong with that choice Stan, congrats!

yeLST3.jpg

This is a very cool looking watch, especially interesting is that the days of the week are in Hebrew... Congrats and enjoy it!

WW194021YAMAM_BRACE-angle_1200x.jpg

NICE!!!
Marathon have long been making no nonsense watches for many government agencies. They are a little high in their pricing but I feel they are worth every penny. Congrats & Enjoy!!!

Thank you. Doesn't look like it's very popular hear at Witt people must not like this watch

I really like this one actually, you definitely have great taste and it shows in your collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on a great pick up, Stan!

of all my tyme in this game MARATHON the mil spec contractor out of ONTARIO is 1 of my fondest memories...I had an issue and contacted the CEO/ he changed my battery and threw my tool under a loupe...told me my " cherry " tool had some scratches LOL...i.e great, fast, reasonable price CS

Yea, not sure how I missed it earlier but this one is superb. I love the depth of the case. I especially love the shout out to the Israeli heroes

Marathon is one of those names that I've seen so many times over the years, and it always seems as if I've just bought something else when the opportunity comes up to acquire one of them. Ah, but this one appeals directly to my 'lil'ol Yid heart, especially with its "dual-glot" notations throughout! This is definitely one of only a few brands that is the epitome of the "So many wastches, so little money" meme, and the cause of many a futile resolution on my part! Sooooo, please accept my sincerest heartfelt congratulations on this amazing pickup -- especially given its Israeli accent! -- from an ever-drooling "haus maus!" :wink: ​Man o Maneshewitz!!

[MENTION=406]pacco17[/MENTION]... So nice, looks well built. Soooo...Now that you are in the "Special Forces" :nail: will you still hang with us ordinary watch lovers?:drink: lol. Congrats my friend. What a good pickup. Enjoy and wear it in good health.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom