more for less than lunch ingersoll buck

bignoize

Tyme Master Jr.
Founding Member
this was on the grimy table too it had no crystal but the hands were such a brilliant blue... I had to save it

made in the good ol usa its a manual wind that didn't run

thought it made good wall art for 1.00

or should I repair it? you thoughts

IMG_0032 by Big noize, on Flickr

An check out this ladies ESQ DIAMOND MOVADO!!
guess whos gonna be a hit on mothers day..... you guessed it....THISSSS GUY!

same table some 1.00 an change an I know what ya thinking, noize? do I see one in the background?? is that two?
to that I answer...

yes,, yes it is

IMG_0034 by Big noize, on Flickr
IMG_0036 by Big noize, on Flickr

IMG_0035 by Big noize, on Flickr

check out this super cool clasp

IMG_0037 by Big noize, on Flickr

You're hunting flea markets like I hunt eBay. You are better at it though. Nice watches man!

Congrats Noize! As for the two'fer one for the lady and one for mom. As for the pocketwatch, I'd fix it and cherish it.. Thanks for sharing

as for the PW BUCK...imho trade it to fellers that restore them on the bay for one that has been repaired...they aint worth much restored ... but i dig them have had a bunch...usual story lust-trigger pull- sell-flip-NBZ

:outstand:A big congratulations, BN! I'd fix the pocket watch.:up::applaud:

As someone who never misses any of the local rummage, garage and yard sales, not to mention intimately knowing just about every thrift store between North Sandy Eggo and San Berdoo Counties (and even, occasionally, up in Smell-A, City of the Bangles!), I love that this watch came by way of one of these type venues! Now, as Missus Jingles would tell you, I'm an old softy when it comes to old things, especially in the case of antique/classic watches and vintage radios, so my recommendation is to have this lovely old pup restored to as-close-as-possible to its original condition, even if the piece might not be "worth it." Sometimes you just have to listen to that small voice that talks to each collector, telling them that this or that watch needs to be brought back and made new again, irrespective of whatever 'profit margin' you're hoping to stay within. Now, I'm not saying that all wise collectors hear voices inside their heads -- I leave that to the snotnose site(s) and their myriad head cases -- but I am saying that each of us has a genuine 6th sense about these things, about which watches ought to be brought back from the brink, and which need to be, well, allowed to pass into the ages, so to speak.

IMHO, sir, I believe that THIS watch is firmly in the former category, and should be "rescued" & brought back to full function, or as close as we can get without tapping out the old savings account. I hope we'll get to see it all fixed up in the coming months...says the old softy.
:wink:

Well said an well worth repeating ty

As someone who never misses any of the local rummage, garage and yard sales, not to mention intimately knowing just about every thrift store between North Sandy Eggo and San Berdoo Counties (and even, occasionally, up in Smell-A, City of the Bangles!), I love that this watch camed by way of one of these type venues! Now, as Missus Jingles would tell you, I'm an old softy when it comes to old things, especially in the case of antique/classic watches and vintage radios, so my recommendation is to have this lovely old pup restored to as-close-as-possible to its original condition, even if the piece might not be "worth it." Sometimes you just have to listen to that small voice that talks to each collector, telling them that this or that watch needs to be brought back and made new again, irrespective of whatever 'profit margin' you're hoping to stay within. Now, I'm not saying that all wise collectors hear voices inside their heads -- I leave that to the snotnose site(s) and their myriad head cases -- but I am saying that each of us has a genuine 6th sense about these things, about which watches ought to be brought back from the brink, and which need to be, well, allowed to pass into the ages, so to speak.

IMHO, sir, I believe that THIS watch is firmly in the former category, and should be "rescued" & brought back to full function, or as close as we can get without tapping out the old savings account. I hope we'll get to see it all fixed up in the coming months...says the old softy.

source.gif

You have a real knack for finding cool stuff for a song, Noize. Nicely done! :up:

Back
Top Bottom