The End of the Urban Gentry...

theTIME

Tyme Master Jr.
Well, the one year contract with WatchBox has ended for TGV and he's out. He stated that he's going back to the original format of the good Gentry clothes, movies and yes TIMEpieces. Maybe he's coming back to the NYC. All the best TGV.

I also thought this was an odd marriage. I can't blame Tristiano for giving it a try afteall this is probably the dream of most of these youtubers, to turn you passion into a career. But as soon as he joined watchbox it started to feel off. Instead of the typical discussion points on what makes watches of all flavors worth noting (although small watch typically) it turned into advertising for Watchbox... I also can't blame them for that. They're not gonna wanna here him go on about Squales, Bremonts and Timex while they're trying to peddle used FP Journe and Patek. Kudos to both for giving it a try. Although TGV and Tim are like fire and ice. Tim is an encyclopedia of watch knowledge compared to TGV who just oozes passion for design, and how a watch makes you feel.

He let slip in that video the real reason he's put the brakes on. He has to find employment. Sad fact for far too many folks right now. :think:

Back
Top Bottom