Squale 1545 or Alpinist?

redtimer

Tyme Watcher
Hello! I want to get a mid-range price watch. My budget is around $500-600 USD. I have never bought a watch at this price before, and there are so many nice watches in this range!

I am between a 20 ATMOS Root Beer Ceramic 1545 or a Seiko SARB017 Alpinist.

Which one has better specs or is an overall better watch?

Your decision as you have to wear the choice, good hunting. I like Zelos, lots of choices:
Swordfish V 2
SW17.jpg

the sharkie goes to the office -out on the town- out to dinner - beach if it has to-...and from 2 feet away looks like u know what...

the seiko more casual imho and recently withheld the wip (watches in progress ) and raised prices on re-intro a la monster... ...i lean to the sharkie jmho...or u could compare STEINHART which wears a little bigger if your saddle is greater than 7"...hunt trumps kill... savor the hunt

The style of the Squale leaves me wanting. OTOH, i know how overblown those Alpinists are in the market right now.

The style of the Squale leaves me wanting. OTOH, i know how overblown those Alpinists are in the market right now.

yeah...and we are coming up on HELSON/ARMIDA CHRISTMAS SALE... a couple months...lower price points...good FULL SWING CATALOG asian homages

Squale all the way, I own 2 1545's, the Heritage and the Militaire, love them both.

Squale20atmosCeramicMilitaire3.jpg

Squale20atmosCeramicHeritage4.jpg

i mean SQUALE has the cool back story-provenance- the VON BUREN FREE DIVING case...SQUALE made the cases for the major grails...that was then... i am sure the trademark has changed hands...and most did not survive the japanese quartz onslaught

Are you down to just these 2 or are you open to other brands?? Lots of big sales come up in the next few months. Zelos is one heck of a watch if you like their style. If it's between the Alp and Squale I like Squale

@sota0003 The Zelos has a fantastic look to it! I am open to other brands with a similar price point; Steinhart looks interesting too.

Regarding the sales, is that on Black Friday-Cyber Monday? Any specific online website where the sales may take place? Was thinking about early Nov. buying since I thought around Christmas time watches were more expensive. But if not, I can wait to get a nice watch on sale!

You will seldom see Zelos run any sales. The best prices you will find will be direct from Zelos when a new model launches. That business model works for all parties concerned and is a win, win.

https://zeloswatches.com/

Back
Top Bottom