How To Fix a Stuck Date Wheel on a Seiko Watch

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
AGF-l7_aVjJFkQL79lPD9mRMr-kIgFGi_Xtr1fCk=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Sep 30, 2019

My Retro Watches

In this video I look at a Seiko 6309 watch movement that has been sent into me with a stuck date wheel problem to fix. I disassemble and explore the works to find the problem and then what to do to fix this issue. This was a very off the cuff video that I shot because I thought it might be useful for someone out there as a reference if they have the same issue with their own watch.

This is a good example of why it's important not to change your day or date between the hours of 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. it will damage those plastic gears.

Sep 26, 2019

My Retro Watches

Hello and welcome to the next episode of the Seiko 6309 5000 (now 6000!) sub giveaway. In this video I rebuild the 6309 calendar works side step by step showing all the oiling necessary and part placement as we go along. Ideal tutorial video to follow along to.

I also rebuild the automatic winding works to then complete the mechanical side to this watch restoration.

[FONT=georgia, serif]A little beyond my skills, and ability, but thanks for posting this up, Mike.:hat:​​​​​​​[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom