Best adhesive to adhere lume pip???

sota0003

Tyme Master
Founding Member
I know it's a dead horse and I'm about to put it to bed...... I bought a lume pip for the IP. I'm going to grind the back stud down a bit but will need a good adhesive to adhere it to the bezel. Can anyone recommend a good adhesive for that use?? I have some of this that looked promising. Thoughts?? Do I need to go get an epoxy??

scotch-r-maximum-strength-adhesive-6047.jpg

This is the only stuff I've ever used below. Best of luck with the project.

https://www.esslinger.com/gs-crystal...atch-crystal-/

https://gssupplies.com/gs-hypo-cement/

https://gssupplies.com/wp-content/up...oUserGuide.pdf

12.205__34093.1476999301.jpg

made-in-the-usa.gif

GS Hypo Cement is a professional strength jewelers and watchmakers glue. It is traditionally used for gluing plastic or glass watch crystals. But it is also great for jewelry making, bead crafts, ceramic and plastic repair, model making, fine screw locking, sealing knots, and more. It is easy to use with its precision applicator and it dries clear so it won't be noticeable when you are done. Dries clear, Stays clear will not bond fingers.
  • Sets in 10 minutes
  • Easy clean up with Isopropyl alcohol
  • Waterproof; Will not damage surfaces
  • Will not bond to fingers
  • You have 10-15 seconds before glue sets
  • Contents 1/3 fl. oz (9ml)
  • Needle is 22 gauge
  • Ingredients: Xylene, Heptane; Not a cyanoacrylate (CA) glue
  • Product size 4.3 X 1.8 X 0.9" Inches (108 X 22 X 22mm)
WARNING: Highly flammable. Harmful or fatal if swallowed. Use in well ventilated area. Keep out of reach of children.

I had a lume pip triangle fall off my Invicter Reserve Grand Diver 7750 in transit. Luckily the mummy wrap kept it from being lost. I just used a teeny tiny dab of Gorilla Glue on a toothpick. Never had to give it a thought since. Of course! :grin:

5490107.jpg

Good deal if they were open for business...to have it shipped costs an additional $6.95 :nono:

I had the lume pip pop out of one of my Invicta Scuba Diver ("Scooby") reissue watches. I just used a tiny drop of good old fashioned Super Glue and it has stayed put ever since.

I used clear nail polish under and over a pip on an Invicta luminary that fell off. It was harder trying to find it in the carpet! I had to wait until dark to find the glowing little bugger. Five years and it's still holding.

I too have used the stuff Mike is recommending. I have also used super glue. The needle on the GS is very helpful for this sort of thing.

Oh yea i forgot to do an update here. I just the Scotch stuff I had around the house. It was a tad viscous which I think was good because it didn't bleed out of the hole when I put the pip in. It is still holding strong and was easy to position since it was a little thivker than a thin superglue. I put it on a toothpick then dabbed it in the hole...twss. Thanks again all for the tips:)

FAC1E33E-F19E-4D27-B33F-3538193D03D7 by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom