My Bulova beater gets an upgrade

usclassic

Tyme Twister
A while back I bought a severely scratched up Bulova 96b169 to try my hand at refurbishing. So I polished the case and bracelet and began many rounds of crystal polishing. The crystal while improved in overall appearance still had a deep scratch unfortunately running across the date window.

Click image for larger version  Name:	scratch2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	39.1 KB ID:	674353

So what to do?? It is just a beater watch after all so I did not want to replace the crystal. I did however just add a cyclops magnifier lens to my Marlin and thought perhaps the UV cement would fill in the scratch and make it invisible under a 5.5 mm round lens. So I gave it a shot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010350 (2).JPG Views:	0 Size:	21.9 KB ID:	674354

I am happy with the results and now have a better beater.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010348.JPG Views:	0 Size:	34.6 KB ID:	674355

that's what i'm talking about...building a better beater... nice tutorial and no stinking monthly payments...LOL

Great job!
Always fun fixing up a beater. No better way to learn what we're capable of too. :good:

Pretty sweet outcome. Nice way to try something different instead of just installing a new crystal. Nice beater!

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

Back
Top Bottom