DIY Brushed Finish-Buckle

WatchSteve

Tyme Master Jr.
Staff member
Founder
I wanted to show how easy it is to do your own brushed finish.
I ordered some canvas straps from Cheap Nato Straps. Nice straps, but they all come with a polished buckle and I'd prefer a brushed finish.

Here is one I just did this morning. Here is the before polished finish.

20191201_103926.jpg

Here is what I used. A dremel with an abrasive polishing brush.

20191201_103857.jpg

And just polished the buckle going the same direction to get the brushed finish. You can always start on the back of the buckle first to make sure you are getting the finish you want.

20191201_104000.jpg

And here is the finished product.

20191201_104238.jpg

Thanks for looking and hope it might help someone looking to try their own brushed finish.

I wanted to show how easy it is to do your own brushed finish.
I ordered some canvas straps from Cheap Nato Straps. Nice straps, but they all come with a polished buckle and I'd prefer a brushed finish.

Here is one I just did this morning. Here is the before polished finish.

Here is what I used. A dremel with an abrasive polishing brush.

And just polished the buckle going the same direction to get the brushed finish. You can always start on the back of the buckle first to make sure you are getting the finish you want.

And here is the finished product.

Thanks for looking and hope it might help someone looking to try their own brushed finish.

Night and day Steve. They look great and thanks for the DIY. I'll have to try it on the ones I have. Whenever I have a choice I opt for either brushed, bronze, DLC, PVD or matted finish. I have some watches I would like to try it on, but don't want to chance messing up the finish on the watch.

Night and day Steve. They look great and thanks for the DIY. I'll have to try it on the ones I have. Whenever I have a choice I opt for either brushed, bronze, DLC, PVD or matted finish. I have some watches I would like to try it on, but don't want to chance messing up the finish on the watch.

Same here, I'd like to try a watch too but I haven't got up the nerve yet :lol:

Same here, I'd like to try a watch too but I haven't got up the nerve yet :lol:

:cheers:I have a couple of Imperious X-Wing watches I've never worn. I might try it on one of those and see how it turns out. I doubt I'll mess with this C9 Harrison, but I was tempted, but came to my senses. The HP is not all over the C9, so I think the risk wouldn't be worth it.

25780696580_55a81300f8_c.jpg

25451004283_f4265a14a6_c.jpg

27490619279_b5a0229a8a_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom