DIY Brushed Finish-Buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Brushed Finish-Buckle

I wanted to show how easy it is to do your own brushed finish.
    I ordered some canvas straps from Cheap Nato Straps. Nice straps, but they all come with a polished buckle and I'd prefer a brushed finish.

Here is one I just did this morning. Here is the before polished finish.

20191201_103926.jpg

Here is what I used. A dremel with an abrasive polishing brush.

20191201_103857.jpg

And just polished the buckle going the same direction to get the brushed finish. You can always start on the back of the buckle first to make sure you are getting the finish you want.

20191201_104000.jpg

And here is the finished product.

20191201_104238.jpg

Thanks for looking and hope it might help someone looking to try their own brushed finish.

A Dremel can be a good friend...brushed does rule.

Comment

Tools do beat the Scotchbrite pad , thanks for the tip.
      Hazy....try again...

Comment

Originally posted by WatchSteve View Post
        I wanted to show how easy it is to do your own brushed finish.
        I ordered some canvas straps from Cheap Nato Straps. Nice straps, but they all come with a polished buckle and I'd prefer a brushed finish.

Here is one I just did this morning. Here is the before polished finish.

20191201_103926.jpg

Here is what I used. A dremel with an abrasive polishing brush.

20191201_103857.jpg

And just polished the buckle going the same direction to get the brushed finish. You can always start on the back of the buckle first to make sure you are getting the finish you want.

20191201_104000.jpg

And here is the finished product.

20191201_104238.jpg

Thanks for looking and hope it might help someone looking to try their own brushed finish.
        Night and day Steve. They look great and thanks for the DIY. I'll have to try it on the ones I have. Whenever I have a choice I opt for either brushed, bronze, DLC, PVD or matted finish. I have some watches I would like to try it on, but don't want to chance messing up the finish on the watch.
        "Flesh could not keep its glamour, nor eyes their sheen. They would go to nothing soon. But monsters are forever"

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
        If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.
        As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide".
        Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by roadwarrior View Post

Night and day Steve. They look great and thanks for the DIY. I'll have to try it on the ones I have. Whenever I have a choice I opt for either brushed, bronze, DLC, PVD or matted finish. I have some watches I would like to try it on, but don't want to chance messing up the finish on the watch.
          Same here, I'd like to try a watch too but I haven't got up the nerve yet

Comment

• bundamania
            bundamania commented
            Editing a comment
            Miss your working watch movement avatar?

• WatchSteve
            WatchSteve commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah me too

A nice piece of work, Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by WatchSteve View Post

Same here, I'd like to try a watch too but I haven't got up the nerve yet
            I have a couple of Imperious X-Wing watches I've never worn. I might try it on one of those and see how it turns out. I doubt I'll mess with this C9 Harrison, but I was tempted, but came to my senses. The HP is not all over the C9, so I think the risk wouldn't be worth it.

"Flesh could not keep its glamour, nor eyes their sheen. They would go to nothing soon. But monsters are forever"

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
            If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.
            As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide".
            Abraham Lincoln

Comment

mostly i like brushed...but sometimes i get the urge for high polish ...thx for the clinic

Comment

Perfect Steve. Exactly how I do it too. Was just about to brush on my Leatherman
                ....................................................Louis......

Comment

Working...
                X