Hand Lume & Fitting

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
Oct 23, 2019

This video shows how to remove the old lume from the hands and apply new lume.

AGF-l7_aVjJFkQL79lPD9mRMr-kIgFGi_Xtr1fCk=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

My Retro Watches

Here is another episode in the 5000 subscribers Seiko 6309 Giveaway series. In this video I remove the old lume from the hands and apply new lume. I show each step of this and the products I use. I then set the hands onto the watch and demonstrate how this is done so the day / date changes over at 12.

https://www.esslinger.com/luminova-kit-luminous-compound-green-glow-in-the-dark-paint-1-gram/

At Esslinger, we believe that you should be able to look at your watch, at any time or day or night, and be able to know what time it is, whether you are in a brightly lit room or not. Thanks to this Luminova Green Compound Kit, you will have everything that you need to add or replace a green Luminova glow to your watch. This new generation, high-performance phosphorescent pigment has been designed for the high end watches like Rolex. This Swiss made pigment features an improved light storing capacity, allowing them to illuminate the night markings of your watch hands and dials for longer than ever before.

Kit Includes:

• 1 Gram Green Luminous Powder
  • Acrylic Adhesive Varnish
  • Acrylic Thinner
  • Dip Oiler Applicator
  • Mixing Cup
  • Directions
Instructions for use:

Pour a small amount of glue (included #64.5637) into the plastic cup. Add the powder gradually at the same time stirring with an oil-pike to obtain a homogeneous paste of the desired consistency. During application, stir the paste from time to time. If the paste thickens, add one or two drops of the thinner (included #64.5636) to bring it back to the working consistency. When applying, paint the luminous compound on thick enough to that you do not see though it (it can be applied very thick but consider any moving parts that may interfere)

Beyond my skill level.:wink: Thanks Mike.:hat:

I’d give it a whirl on a test watch until I got good enough to try it on a real as l piece

Back
Top Bottom