Would you flip these for an Audemars Piguet?

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
AGF-l79FfALqAoEDqfi6CUc-_rACBjUm0HlmNn6NYw=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Oct 19, 2019

Bruce Williams

Flip them all for my holy grail? Or stand pat as I would regret the move? That is the topic today. We seem to approve of those that flip Seiko, Oris, and Hamilton into one Luxury piece.... but does that way of thinking still stay the same in flipping Rolex, Breitling and Nomos into an AP or Vacheron? Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments!

Most of us, I think, as watch collectors need different pieces in our collections so I'd say keep the four. But if you have watch money to burn then just go ahead and add the AP to that collection...

I'd flip those for an AP in a heartbeat. The only one I might miss is the Super Ocean.

For what this rodent's opine is worth, Mike, I, personally would do the flip. You see, in my case, I'm looking to downsize + upscale my collection, though, in all honesty I've made no real move toward doing so. Still -- and THIS is my guiding principle nowadays -- I'd rather have 25 spectacular watches (and that means zero "wartches," those beloved-but-silly timepieces we just can't help buying) than 5,280 mediocre-to-yuck wrist-tickers I'd probably never wear, anyhow... As to regrets, well, they're just a part of life that are always just there, and it comes down to how well we deal with them as individuals (or, as one of my favorite USN bosses, Mr. Wm. A. Navas, former Asst. SECNAV for Manpower & Reserve Affairs, would say it, "individdles." :wink:).

Either way, I look forward to hearing about your final choice, mon bon ami! :dunno:

Got to go with the flip here. The AP is icon for sure in my book!

I say do it! Barring any sentimental attachments that may exist. Then I say no.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom