Swatch Sistem51 Irony Watch With New Models Now In Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
ABTW AUGUST 16, 2016 BY DAVID BREDAN
Swatch Sistem51 Irony Watch With New Models Now In Steel

Link to full article here.......... http://www.ablogtowatch.com/swatch-sistem51-irony-watch-steel/

Swatch-Sistem51-Irony-Steel-aBlogtoWatch-1.jpg

Coming this fall, the famed Swatch Sistem51 collection gets its most important update yet: Swatch will debut six new men's and one new ladies' piece with the new Swatch Sistem51 Irony pieces, finally offering this impressive movement in steel cases.
Swatch-Sistem51-Irony-Steel-aBlogtoWatch-82.jpg

Should you buy a $150 Swiss automatic watch? One thing all of us at aBlogtoWatch could already agree on when it came to the Sistem51 was that the 51-part movement, held together by just one screw and assembled entirely by robots, is a genuinely impressive technical achievement in modern watchmaking... however, the plasticky cases and weird dial designs didn't quite cut it for many of us. The good news is that Swatch has finally updated the collection with the Swatch Sistem51 Irony, which now offers this fascinating movement in crisp steel cases along with a range of more grown-up – and yet somehow also more interesting dial designs.
Swatch-Sistem51-Irony-Steel-aBlogtoWatch-55.jpg
Swatch-Sistem51-Irony-Steel-aBlogtoWatch-56.jpg

The automatic movement inside should remain entirely the same as before, sporting a remarkable 90-hour power reserve, running at a frequency of 3 Hertz (21,600 beats per hour), all with a claimed accuracy rating of +/- 7 seconds per day. Very impressive stuff. In line with the idea of fully automated manufacturing, even the accuracy of the Swatch Sistem51 movement is adjusted by machines.
Swatch-Sistem51-Irony-Steel-aBlogtoWatch-81.jpg

Prices for the Swatch Sistem51 Irony models will slightly vary depending on VAT and what not, but you can expect the pieces on leather straps to retail at around €180, the Sistem Boreal on the steel bracelet for €200,(approx 226 US Dollars) and the two-tone Swatch Sistem51 Irony Sistem Tux for €220. No word yet on the price for the Sistem Stalac ladies' piece, but expect it to be near that of the Sistem Tux. The Swatch Sistem51 Irony pieces with steel cases are expected to be available from this fall, in select markets. swatch.com ABTW

Those look so much better. Is even consider buying one of those as I have two other Swatch's.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

I kind of like them but I am sure I like the idea of throw away mechanical watches since they are not worth repairing.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some very attractive styling. It looks like a "Captive strap" case design, however.:no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom