A Very Sad Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

mv5

Tyme Machine
I lost my Mother today. I got the call at 5:20 this morning.

She had been in a bad way for about the last year or so and a few weeks ago her system started shutting down.

No matter how much you know it's coming, no matter how much you think you're prepared for the inevitable, nothing can really prepare you for the pain of part of your heart being ripped out and the void it leaves in it's place.

My mother was a wonderful, loving person although one of the strongest, "speak your mind" kind of people at the same time. She raised two children mostly on her own while working her way up the executive ladder in the 60's and 70's. She worked mainly in the restaurant and service industries. She was the controller for some of the finer restaurants in Los Angeles and also controller of Hillcrest Country Club.

She joined an organization called the National Association of Accountants and, as in business, worked her way up to National Vice President.

She spent her last years in a nursing home and soon after going there she became the President of the Resident's Council. She helped other residents with any problems they had as well as planning parties four times a year (which no one had ever done before).

I take solace in the fact that she is no longer suffering and that she had family by her side for so much of her last weeks.

I really don't know what else to say other than, I always have, and always will love you Mom, like no one else, and I miss you more than I ever thought possible.

My prayers are with you. Sounds like you have tons of great memories. Priceless.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear my friend. My condolences to you, and your family.

Sent from Hillary Clinton's secure email server.

Beautiful tribute and my deepest sympathy. Lost my mom last year and your sentiments are so true. Look to your family and share in your love for your wonderful mother and treasure all the memories that will never fade.

Sorry to hear about you loss.I lost my mom in 2002.I feel you pain.I know today is a sad day for you .Remember her in heart and your thoughts.Life is too short so hopefully you can go on with life.Always remember she'll be there when you need her.she's looking down on you.

From your words no doubt you were raised by a strong, loving and positive woman whose love, care and life's example has made you a better man.
I'm sorry for your loss and you have my sincere condolences.

There are no right words at times like this. I am so sorry to here about your mothers passing. My sincerest condolences to you, and your family, my friend.

My deepest sympathy to you, my friend. May God's peace be with you at this most difficult time.

I'm sorry for your loss, Jay. I remember you talking about losing your father back in the wg days, and it sounds like your mom was just as amazing as he was. I've been without parents for over 2 years now, and I can tell you they're always on my mind. I know it will be the same for you. Like they say - no one is really gone as long as they're remembered. Best wishes for you, my friend.

Deepest condolences! I know it's a sad time for you but it will get better. You will always have wonderful memories. I lost both my parents as did my wife. As the sadness passes thoughts of all the happy times take their place making reminiscing about times a happier experience. God Bless

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother, you have my condolences and will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, may your Mother rest in eternal peace. It has been 36 years since I lost my Mom, 35 years since my Father passed,it still feels like yesterday.

So sorry to hear this Jay. You have my sincerest condolences. I went though this years ago and it's very tough no matter how prepared you think you are... you're not in the end. Now its about the good memories you had with each other. Again, I'm sorry for your loss. Be well Jay...

Thank you everyone. Your kind words are very much appreciated.

Condolences to you and your family. It's very hard losing a loved one. It sounds like your mother was a great lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom