Garage Sale Find A La Big Noize.......

sota0003

Tyme Master
Founding Member
So I need to tell the back story to tell you the front story. I have been lusting over Buda's new Citizen Aqualand but can't afford to do it right now because I have to fund my kids dance trip to NYC first. Welllllll.....last weekend I was out in the hood and a neighbor was having a garage sale. It looked like a table had a few watches on it so I drove up onto his lawn and ran over a bunch of tables so I didn't have to get out of the truck to see. I look out the window and see what appears to be...holy shiplap!!! A Citizen BN2021 just like Buda's. I figure it's either broken or he want's what he paid. So we are shooting the breeze and somehow we end up on the topic of hockey. He asks if I used to play and we talk for a bit and he finds out I do it professionally (not full time anymore). He doesn't want a crazy price for the watch but I can't buy anything until I get the kids trip funded. I was joking and told him I had some old game worn jerseys and helmets lying around. His eyes light up...and then mine do too!!!! It was almost like romance. I give him an old ECHL jersey and a helmet in exchange for the watch which already had the adapters. The watch is in about %93 condition with only a few very tiny marks on the 9:00 bezel and case side but nothing bad whatsoever. It came on a SE and had a James Bond NATO and the scuba tank box (those are for sale in the bracelet etc forum). I thought the SE was more dressy than the watch so I dug in an old box and low and behold found the lone 22mm bracelet I own that was going to go on a Rebosus way back. I think I like this bracelet on it because it has an aggressive flair to it.

The watch is nice and big but surprisingly light. Sick deep dish Chicago style dial. The multiple hands aren't hard to read at a glance at all. I LOOOOVE the lime green hand...no idea why lol. Standard great Citizen lume. I've been having a hard time getting good lume shots lately....no idea what gremlin is in the camera. Gonna go for a dip at the Elk's Lodge pool tomorrow so can test out the depth hand...I think the deep end is 13 ft?? My only want on this watch is a 24mm lug width. 22mm is a tad narrow for a larger watch imho. Other than that I cannot think of any bad things about it or how I acquired it. We have a Jr team here in town (Shreveport Mudbugs) and I skate there mentoring the younger officials just making their way into the higher levels of hockey and trying to break into the pros. I told the guy I owe him a few tickets to some games as well. Over all a great find in exchange for things that he liked so everyone wins. Sorry for the long narrative. PICS AHOY!!!!

6D1D7419-FD46-45F2-97AC-65C835D388C0 by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

4E3C2A50-BEFC-4B60-905B-00BF9383F7D4 by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

F5A79B82-7E08-4879-9F35-B30785DAE2D5 by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

C8A9901D-0F8E-4FCA-B2CB-8BD5F078B678 by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

073B296F-2D7A-40C2-A687-EC309F4D16F9 by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

4449EBBD-93A5-4F7E-AFEF-7DBEFE5268EF by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

9DF9AC39-7F8B-4DF8-B28E-AFAE8677C68E by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

64603E11-2668-445D-B54B-F66FC44B5EF5 by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

F989ECAA-1592-45CE-BF5A-E6D1ED96B842 by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

7C50974B-597E-4D5C-8CE8-7111D956F853 by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

77DE16A9-3538-486E-9FC4-C149E034904D by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

Nice score!
giphy.gif

:outstand:A big congratulations, Brad!:up::applaud:

Damn Damn Damn Damn DAMN, and as Noize would say "Just Plain Ole Damn"
You just fell ALL IN the Luck Bucket Bro' ... You didn't just scooped a NICE Citizen ... You scooped what I consider to be the mostest awesomenest Citizen diver ever made!!! Congrats and Enjoy my friend! Now excuse me while I go drool over your pics.
:eyes:

Nice, I am not a fan of Citizen watches but there are a few models I like, that is a great trade. I really like this model. I am not lucky enough to find anything good at yard sales or flea markets. I go to many of them and always browse for watches and usually only come across the usual department store styles and brands that are usually the cheaper of the brands models. One of these days I'll get lucky and find a nice vintage or good watch I'll buy.

Wow, that find and trade was a "walrus in the goal easy" decision!! Congrats!

66784.jpg

Great back-n-front story to match a such a cool piece, a big congrats Brad!

Congrats Brad on a GREAT score! Coming out from the penalty box on a break away to score a game winning goal. That's a sweet TIMEpiece! Enjoy and thanks for sharing. Great story!

I call that a "something for nothing" deal. Trading stuff you don't want or need anymore for something you do! Sweet deal on a cool watch... Congrats!

Great watch, great story, great quick thinking. Winner, winner, winner. He shoots, he scores!

Back
Top Bottom