From Russia with love...

Status
Not open for further replies.

surelyuknow

Tyme Master Jr.
Meccaniche Veloci Rally Chronographe

I picked this one up in October but just getting around to sharing it with you all. This is a piece I saw (someplace, can’t remember where) quite a while ago and really fell in love with it. Since then I told myself if I ever got the chance to buy it I would. It’s a Limited Edition of 150 timepieces made world wide and the company is Italian. So I thought fat chance of ever acquiring one. Well low and behold I see one on ebay in perfect condition, like new. The only problem was it’s in the UK… no not that one, but the Ukraine. I thought, WOW, can I spent that kind of money (well over $1K) and hope it will be a “real Rally” or will it even arrive here at all. Should I take the chance on grabbing this one or hope I’d come across another one down the road? There is some risk in trying to get this timepiece. So I came up with this, I’ll make an offer. I’ll ask for another $250 off and he will probably decline and I won’t feel as bad and just hunt for another one. To may absolute disbelief he accepted. $250 off and he said yes… what’s wrong with this picture?

So I thought to myself, what would be the worst case scenario here?
1) It would not be authentic.
2) It would never arrive.
3) It does arrive but not in the condition as described.

Then I thought, not everyone is a crook… and besides I have the ebay’s guarantee plus my PayPal guarantee. So the worst case scenario is that I would have to wait a few weeks to get my money back. Doesn’t sound so bad… I’ll go for it!

It took less than 3 weeks to arrive. I was out when the mailman brought it around. I took one look at the wrapped box and the fear hit me… WTH, the wrapper was torn, corners were crushed and my gut got that terrible empty feeling. Take a look…

The cardboard was rather thin, not like boxes made over here. It was a Russian box. Well I got it inside and took a picture of it for the Postal Service, ebay or whoever needed it. I carefully unwrapped it and there was more (Russian) cardboard wrapped around the presentation box. I removed that and stared at it. It looked ok… so far! I opened the display box and took out the watch. I then did something I’ve never done before… I shook the watch. I don’t know what I thought would happen… maybe it would fall apart in a hundred pieces? Anyway it didn’t. I checked it out and it looked perfect, even had an extra brown leather strap inside. I set the time, strapped it on and thought if it keeps time I’ll be one happy camper. After a couple of days it was only off by a couple of seconds on the Swiss ETA Valjoux 7750 movement ticking inside. YES, WINNER!

After all that worrying, the seller\guy was honest after all. It was here and working and as described! NO PROBLEMS.

Sorry for the long story but I though it was worth telling.
Here are the Specs and then some pics. Again, any and all comments are welcomed. Thanks for looking!

Limited Edition of 150: 134 of 150

Brand: Meccaniche Veloci

Model: W501D-064

Series: Rally
Case: Stainless Steel
Case Size: 43.5 mm
Case Thickness: 16 mm
Dial Color: Black
Crown: Pull/Push
Crystal: Sapphire
Case Back: Solid, fixed with screws
Band Material: Black Fabric
Clasp: Tang buckle
Lug Width: 22 mm
Strap Length: 8.75 in
Operating Devices: Center Second Hand, Swiss Chronograph
Subdials: 12-hr, 30-min
Functions: Chronograph, Date, Hour, Minute, Seconds
Movement: Automatic Self-Winding Movement, Swiss ETA Valjoux 7750
Water Resistant: 5 ATM - 50 m
Origin: Made in Italy

Last edited:
Really very different and extremely nice. Really a powerful looking piece. I'm probably in the minority but I always think these overseas purchases will be all good and so far they have been. Congrats on this winner

Great story. Glad it made it from the UK as described and met all your expectations.:mail:

Very cool piece! Congrats :cool2:

Saw it in WRUW, Joel. It is one great looking piece. I'm glad everything worked out for you.
Congrats, and enjoy that bad boy!

Happy that it worked out Joel. Great looking watch. Love the black canvas strap. How's the leather one? Fine Italian leather?

Congratulations.

Happy that it worked out Joel. Great looking watch. Love the black canvas strap. How's the leather one? Fine Italian leather?

Congratulations.

I believe it is, very nice nonetheless.

Great grab Joel , I guess Sharapova is not the only beauty to travel here from Russia. Mad congrats my friend!

Nice grab Joel, congrats.

Glad everything worked out, 360, Joel! Congratulations, and ENJOY, my friend!:outstand:

Very nice. Glad it worked out. You are brave Joel. I have seen a number of watches in Ukraine and decided not to gamble

Hmmm.. pictures not currently showing..."pictures not found" . Great story nonetheless! Congrats!

Joel. The pics didn't come thru on my iPad. Just several squares that says photo not found.

Great story but I guess I arrived too late, no pics showing.....

Same Here
Great Story No Pics.
Says Photobucket Error when I Click For Photo

Leaves Me With Great Anticipation Of What Will Be Coming

All of the worry and misery makes for an elated experience in the end. Congrats!!!

It's looks very cool. I'm diggin the case design especially. The bezel looks solid. Overall, I wouldn't mind sporting it around. I think you made a great purchase. It all worked out fantastic. Congratulations and enjoy this one!

image.png

Awesome looking Ruskie Comrade

Very nice piece, I like the unique bezel and that multi-level dial. Great story too. Wear it in good health!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom