Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean vs Rolex Sea Dweller 4000, 215.30.44.21.01.002 vs 126600

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
AAuE7mBLzF2z9tZRcSV8lJCD1bxtnapQtNpVzC5bdQ=s48-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

WatchBox Reviews
Published on Feb 17, 2019

The Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m Co-Axial 215.30.44.21.01.002. This Omega Seamaster Professional features a 43.5mm stainless steel case with a black and orange ceramic bezel surrounding a black dial on a stainless steel bracelet with folding buckle. Functions include hours, minutes, seconds, helium release valve and date. The watch also measures __ mm in thickness and __ mm from lug-to-lug.

The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Sea-Dweller 4000 is the 50th anniversary Rolex Sea Dweller and the rebirth of the "Red" Sea Dweller. The Rolex 126600 features a 43mm stainless steel case with a black Cerachrom bezel surrounding a black dial on a stainless steel Oyster bracelet with folding buckle. Functions include hours, minutes, seconds and date. The watch also measures __ mm in thickness and __ mm from lug-to-lug.

Pretty thorough review. I just don't understand why anyone would buy a used Sea Dweller when a new one is $2K less. :think:

Pretty thorough review. I just don't understand why anyone would buy a used Sea Dweller when a new one is $2K less. :think:

It’s the issue of availability, Gary. Rolex scarcity of all steel sport models, including the SD, causes so many people to be willing to pay above MSRP from re-sellers and non-ADs (who cannot sell above MSRP anyway). Do I agree with you? Hell yes! I will not pay above retail and haven’t purchased a Rolex from my AD, since my rhodium OP. I will not play the dole out above MSRP game. However, this does not mean that I won’t buy at MSRP if and when my AD gets in a piece that I have wanted.

It’s the issue of availability, Gary. Rolex scarcity of all steel sport models, including the SD, causes so many people to be willing to pay above MSRP from re-sellers and non-ADs (who cannot sell above MSRP anyway). Do I agree with you? Hell yes! I will not pay above retail and haven’t purchased a Rolex from my AD, since my rhodium OP. I will not play the dole about above MSRP game. However, this does not mean that I won’t buy at MSRP if and when my AD gets in a piece that I have wanted.

Gotcha. Thanks, Richard! :hat:

I'd be happy, just to be able to afford, either one!:dunno:

Back
Top Bottom