Visconti Grand Cruise INOX

royster

Tyme Machine
The last Visconti sale on TOM yielded another unique watch for my collection. This is the Visconti Grand Cruise "INOX" all stainless steel on bracelet. Although it did take over 3 weeks to arrive, it did show up on Christmas Eve just in time for a "Merry Christmas to me" moment. I've had a Visconti Abyssus for some time and these Visconti watches are incredibly made; the fit and finish are impeccable. The styles, though polarizing for many watch collectors, to me are extremely cool and intriguing. The Grand Cruise is no exception. At 47mm, it is quite nicely proportioned and wears very nicely on the wrist. The movement is a Swiss Made VI-AC264-04, 25 jewels automatic with a second time zone hours and minutes at 5 o'clock, day/night indicator at 8 o'clock; large date at 11 o'clock. The bracelet is/was a selling point for me as it really is stunning. I was hoping it would also fit the Abyssus as the lugs looked the same, but the slight 1mm case difference between the Abyssus and Grand Cruise causes the endlink holes to not line up by.... yep a millimeter. Oh well, nice try. Up side is the Grand Cruise looks amazing on the bracelet. Visconti watches are works of engineering and art as well as top of the line timepieces. Here are some pictures of this Florentine masterpiece.

Some stills:

45559958565_33c70e1e16_c.jpg

46472990621_12eefe3069_c.jpg

46472990511_d9154d2ff8_c.jpg

In the hand:

46472991201_0b6526a4a9_c.jpg

45559959225_ed3e2245fc_c.jpg

46472991091_c8b077b7b9_c.jpg

46472990991_60cb64a43d_c.jpg

45559958885_5f53797677_c.jpg

45559958845_d11f24d995_c.jpg

46472990841_e873f4bb4a_c.jpg

46472990751_5db36f96e5_c.jpg

On the wrist:

46472990421_832983e6e3_c.jpg

46472990341_fc4a0ef83c_c.jpg

46472990261_4be4d57921_c.jpg

45559958035_ab47ac2e26_c.jpg

46472990111_33bd4fd4e0_c.jpg

45559957955_fba358806e_c.jpg

Lume:

45749570884_a744665152_c.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I nemember the first one you posted way back and this one is equally unique and like you say a work of art. I would love to add one of this brands someday and your pictures show how detailed these watches are. Big jealous congrats!

DAMN!!!!
There are so many interesting things on this watch I'm sure I'll miss one when listing them. Unique dial, wave texture, one roman numeral, unorthodox placement of date window, killer bracelet design, unusual country of origin, on and on, etc.
I expect no less from The Royster!

DAMN!!!!
There are so many interesting things on this watch I'm sure I'll miss one when listing them. Unique dial, wave texture, one roman numeral, unorthodox placement of date window, killer bracelet design, unusual country of origin, on and on, etc.
I expect no less from The Royster!

One other little touch is the "AM/PM" window next to the dual time subdial. That one can get lost in everything else going on there!

:outstand:Very sharp indeed! A big congratulations, Roy!:up::applaud:

These Viscontis are awesome, and that bracelet is sick!

I always keep an eye out for the Abyssus with the power reserve, but I'm guessing they are out of production now.

Congratulations on a great pick up!

I like this timepiece. The bracelet is really nice. This review shows a similar model on a strap, the reviewer remarks about the movement.

Inside the Visconti W110 Grand Cruise is an automatic mechanical movement they call the caliber VI-AC264-04. You can view the movement through the caseback’s sapphire crystal exhibition window.

The movement itself in nice but has a few quirks to it. I believe the caliber is a base Swiss Technotime with a custom Visconti automatic rotor. The real quirk to the movement is in how you set the second time zone. Pull the crown out a single stop and you can adjust the date by turning the crown in one direction, but turning it in other other direction does nothing. Logically this might be how you would adjust one of the two time zones. Rather, in order to adjust the second time zone, you need to pull the crown out one more stop and adjust the main time backwards. Adjust the main time forward (clockwise) and both the main and second time zone hands move. Adjust the main time backwards (counter-clockwise) and the minute hand of the second time zone moves but the hour hand does not. This isn’t exactly intuitive nor is it particularly elegant – but it does work.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/visconti-w110-grand-cruise-bronze-watch-review/

E50hhrF.png

https://watchbase.com/soprod/caliber/tt651

Soprod caliber TT651

Brand:Soprod
Reference:TT651
Base:ETA 2892-A2
Movement:Automatic
Display:Analog
Jewels:21
Reserve:42
Frequency:28800
Date:Big Date
Hands:Additional 12 Hour Hand (adjustable), Hours, Minutes, Seconds
Description

The Soprod TT651 is an automatic movement based on the 2892-A2 ETA Soigné. It features hours, minutes, seconds, big date display and a 12 hour hand.

IMO it could be this C120 movement. It has the am/pm indicator beside the sub-dial. If the movement gets pivoted with the crown at the two o'clock position it would have basically the same dial configuration.

0bYA7Q5.jpg

Not much mystery IMO. It's a 25 jewel movement, am/pm indicator beside the sub-dial. The other movement is 21 jewels. I'm sure jewels can be added. I agree there is not a wealth of information on the caliber mentioned in this particular brand.

I saw that one. I sure do love that Brand! I wish I had a deep pockets to grab one of those. That could be at the top of my most wanted list

One other little touch is the "AM/PM" window next to the dual time subdial. That one can get lost in everything else going on there!

Touche'

Every time I look at the pics I see something else.....
Skeleton lugs.
Cut away rotor
Unorthodox crown placement
Signed shroud-like case
Coliseum subdial
Not your fathers hand set
On and on and on!

The Bell & Ross is the TT651 21 jewel movement. It also doesn't have the am/pm indicator. Either way the watch in the OP is a great looking watch regardless of the movement.

nqqbhFI.jpg

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/bell-ross-br03-51-gmt-limited-edition/

Bell-Ross-BR03-51-GMT-The-Watch-Gallery-8.jpg

Movement: mechanical automatic Soprod TT651.
Crystal: anti-reflective sapphire.
Functions: hours, minutes, seconds, big date at 12 o’clock, second time zone (counter at 6 o’clock).
Case: 42 mm diameter. Stainless steel, black PVD finish. Screw-in crown.
Dial: black, carbon. Hands, index markers and date window covered in a photo-luminescent coating.
Water-resistance: 100 meters.
Strap: rubber and black heavy-duty canvas.
Buckle: pin buckle. Black PVD finish steel.

That's a real possibility, but it could be either. The data on this model is sparse.

W110 Grand Cruise Inox

W110-00-143-1411

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS​
FUNCTIONS

• Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
  • Date
  • Day & Night Indicator
  • Second Time Zone

MOVEMENT

• Self Winding/Automatic
  • Manufactured
  • Swiss Made

CASE

• Round
  • Stainless Steel
  • Brushed & Polished
  • 14.90mm
  • 45.00mm

GLASS

• Sapphire

WATER RESISTANCE

• 20.00atm / 200.00m / 660.00ft

BUCKLE

• Deployment Buckle
  • Stainless Steel

STRAP

• Calfskin

YEAR

lg.php

Pictures of movement clearly make it a Soprod A10 base.

Where did I say it wasn't an A10 base? I think the C120 is as well. One thing is certain it's not a TT651.

The A-10 remains in production and has been used by many Swiss manufacturers. It is certified Swiss Made, and Soprod offers a large number of customizations to it, from power reserve indicators to moon phase dials to chronograph modules. Soprod offers the A-10 in three versions: Basic, "open heart", and skeleton.

https://watchbase.com/soprod/caliber/a10

https://wornandwound.com/review/steinhart-ocean-one-titanium-premium-500-review/

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/ocean-titanium-500-premium.html

GRAND CRUISE FINAL EDITION GRAND CRUISE FINAL EDITION Code KW31-02 GRAND CRUISE FINAL EDITION Type:Gmt Case material: Bronze + Black Pvd Dial Colour: Blue Strap std: Leather pale-brown Water Resistant mt: 200 Ltd edition: 69 Code KW31-02B GRAND CRUISE FINAL EDITION Type:Gmt Case material: Bronze + Black Pvd Dial Colour: Blue Strap std: Bronze bracelet Water Resistant mt: 200 Ltd edition: Swiss Made Automatic movement, A/h, power reserve: approx. 42 hours. Soignée finish. VI-AC264-04, based on Soprod 9351, 25 jewels, MHVJ assortment, Glucydur balance Gmt: HH, MM, sweep seconds. Second time zone hours and minutes at 5 o clock, day/night indicator at 8 o clock. Large date at 11 o clock. Aluminium-bronze and steel three pieces case. Screwed crown at 2 o clock. Screwed on place black PVD coated aluminium-bronze bezel, engraved compass rose (wind rose). Sapphire crystal, flat-convex Screwed on place stainless steel exhibition back-cover, with flat sapphire crystal. Swiss Made Automatic movement A/h, power reserve: approx. 42 hours. Soignée finish. VI-AC264-04, based on Soprod 9351, 25 jewels, MHVJ assortment, Glucydur balance Gmt: HH, MM, sweep seconds. Second time zone hours and minutes at 5 o clock, day/night indicator at 8 o clock. Large date at 11 o clock. Aluminium-bronze and steel three pieces case. Screwed crown at 2 o clock. Screwed on place black PVD coated aluminium-bronze bezel, engraved compass rose (wind rose). Sapphire crystal, flat-convex. Screwed on place stainless steel exhibition back-cover, with flat sapphire crystal. 55

GCRegFinal2-637x637.jpg

I love a mystery! Not sure where ablogtowatch got it's info. There will be no "fake news" on WIT! (thanks to fact checkers).
:lol:

I'm in agreement with you, but he did say "I believe". It was the reason I posted what I thought the movement could be. As soon as I read your review I said to myself "fake news" on the movement. ABTW has been wrong before, but that happens to everyone unless your initials are DT.

be·lieve
/bəˈlēv/
verb

accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth of.
    "the superintendent believed Lancaster's story"
    synonyms:be convinced by, trust, have confidence in, consider honest, consider truthful More

hold (something) as an opinion; think or suppose.
    "I believe we've already met"
    synonyms:think, be of the opinion that, have an idea that, imagine, suspect, suppose, assume, presume, take it, conjecture, surmise, conclude, deduce, understand, be given to understand, gather, fancy, guess, dare say; More

Looks like the definition of bad to the bone ! Big congrats !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom