Croton Vortex Pineapple

gtx4sale

Tyme Traveler
Founding Member
Good evening WIT's, my peristence finally paid off and I acquired a Vortex Pineapple for the collection. This is the model with the Miyota 8215 movement and it has been keeping good time. I was so excited to finally have this on the wrist. To my disappointment, the seller disclosed the bracelet was 8", but when received it was missing all the removable links with screws. Also, the seller did not package it correctly, and the bracelet was detached from one lug, and just dangling with the springbar snapped off. The excitement was starting to wear off quickly but I stayed optimistic.

Bella Dino messaged me that he had a bracelet that he would send to me! Im so grateful for his kindness and humbleness that he would offer this to me. BD is an awesome WIT, and this forum is such a great place with wonderful people. To my surprise when I received his package, he sent it in a leather watch case that also included an awesome leather strap, springbar removal tool, extra springbars, and a case opener. I cant thank BD enough and Im so grateful!

May everyone enjoy a wonderful holiday season with your family and friends. Heres some photos of the Vortex Pineapple, enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

:outstand:A big congratulations on adding this piece to your collection, and Kudos to Bella Dino,(110% in my book):up::applaud:

Always liked that model. Looks great on the wrist. Bella Dino good on you as that was a great thing you did. Nice watch, great story. Congrats to both of you!

Congratulations on this highly grail-like acquisition! I too have loved the Vortex since it came out, and the pineapple was always my favorite dial color, as well. Additionally, after having come across several "must-someday-have's" like this over the last couple of years, I fully understand your feelings of excitement over at last obtaining such an elusive wrist-ticker; I've been asked, "Hey, isn't it all about the chase, and don't you feel all let-down after it's all over?" My answer: "Nope!" I love the feeling of seeing a special timepiece like this one in the old collezioni.

As for DB, well, as an old, long-dead pal of mine used to say, "He's a danged Viking!!" There're very few things more cool about watch collecting than the people you meet along the way...

Soooooo, CONGRATS to gtx4sale, and Good on Ya to Bella Dino!! Well Done X2!! :man: :man:

Dam thing really does look like a pineapple, doesn't it? I mean it's making me hungry just looking at it, and I'm not kidding. I do love pineapple.

Congrats on a great score, one of the Merm's more widely respected and coveted oldies but goodies.

Who's this Bella Dino guy? He seems to be causing a lot of trouble around the forum lately. Why just last week, he prompted me to buy a Revue Thommen flieger (in today's On the Wrist Today) that I am absolutely crazy about now. We're gonna have to keep an eye on this guy :lol::lol::lol:

Haven't seen one of these in awhile but it still looks good. Congrats and enjoy it!

Kudos to Bella Dino for his graciousness. Nice job bud...

That is a classic. It looks great on your wrist. I still have mine. Enjoy this treasure and a major thumbs up to Bella Dino for his wonderful generosity.

Do like mine. And it's mate.
44402262674_b3d0e2bc77_z.jpg

Nice, I always liked this watch. Sucks the seller did such a lousy job packing it and shipping it! At lest you were able to get it fixed. I hope you sent them an Email about the issues! I would have been pissed if they didn't send the extra links although with my small wrist I probably wouldn't need them it's still good to have them in case you want to sell a watch. I have a box with 25 pounds of extra links in a draw! LOL

Looks great Erik. I’ve always wanted one of these. Yours is definitely a keeper!
Congratulations and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom