Help with Android Bezel Replacement

EiboJeddah

Tyme Watcher
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone tried doing so with an Android Divemaster Enforcer or any similar model from Wing that has an unfixed bezel? I believe that the screws on the bezel are just accents and they don't really hold anything in place.. so it supposed to be easily snapped off like many other watches or does it require any unique methods?

You are correct in that the screws on the Android bezel are only decorative. I have never tried to replaced an Android bezel, but in attempting bezel swaps on numerous other brands I have learned there are easily 1/2 a dozen or more different methods of affixing bezels, so I would proceed with caution. Could be as easy as pop and go ... OR ... a bitch of a swap, requiring some kind of a proprietary tool.

I’d message or call Wings office and ask. They can tell you the right way

I would proceed with extreme caution. I tried replacing a lightly scratched bezel on a Citizen Orca titanium dive watch with a brand new one that I bought directly from Citizen. I couldn't get the old one off so, as a last resort, I dropped both the watch and the new bezel off at a local watch repair place. I explained to them how rare the watch was and that it was made from titanium. The owner of the shop said that they'd have no problem with it.

They couldn't get it off after about a week of trying. The owner called me and asked if it would be OK to send it to Citizen's repair center in Southern CA. I said OK.

About a week later I got my Orca back and it was scratched, gouged, and dented beyond belief. I was totally speechless. Oh, and to make matters worse, the "new" bezel that was on my Orca was scratched too! :headbang:

Lessons learned:

1. I *ONLY* work on my own watches - no exceptions! Nobody, and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOBODY will care for my watches like I do, no matter what the "professionals" say to my face and in person.

2. Never use force to remove a dive bezel. If it doesn't come off with a little bit of gentle effort, just give up and live with it as-is.

Any questions about Aragon/Android are worth a phone Call.
They are extremely helpful on the phone & some have even had Wing answer!

ARAGON
1072 E. Newport Center Drive
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
Phone: 954-426-2822 | Fax: 954-426-3189

Back
Top Bottom