Etch-a-Sketch sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can do are rectangles, squares, and a stupid staircase!!

That thing would get me so frustrated, that I had to turn it upside down and shake it

I could do a sort-of circle, but what I REALLY liked was Lite-brite! The pegs always had a funny, melting-plastic smell. Great memories.....

I have a toy box from the childhood. Really good stuff in it. Telling ya View attachment 1416Never married so I still have them

That's cool. I am married and still have some old toys and such. My wife thinks I should sell most of it. I disagree, I'm not done playing with them yet! :applaud:

I worked the summer between high school and college at Ohio Art in Bryan, Ohio. They were training me on a lot of different stuff. Etch-a-Sketch had their own special room where only experienced employees worked. The closest I got was the plastic molding room that made the knobs and other things, where they trained me for a week but nothing for the Etch-a-Sketch. I remember shaping sheet metal for the sides of lunch boxes for a week, that tells you how long ago it was. It was very hot and used to wear short sleeve shirts and was always getting little cuts on my arms that were like paper cuts and I never noticed them most of the time and many times the cuts would already be healed before I did. Well I guess sometimes I would bleed on the metal pieces a little and the supervisor came to me one day and said 'try not to bleed on the sheet metal, the girls in the assembly room are complaining about the blood'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom