RipitRon...???

Status
Not open for further replies.
RipitRon...???

[quote source=/post/3)48/thread timestamp=)4)5453)96 author=@kramer5)5)]I wonder if RipitRon will ever show up here? He was dumped a while ago.[/quote]He was not unfairly singled out, as I recall. His tough guy online persona, as well as little regard for civil discussion had a lot to do with it. [br][br][br][span style=font-size:))pt;]Technically, however, he was banned due to a disagreement over a new TOS rule regarding the use of veiled profanity (such as using @$# to conceal letters in profane words in order to get around the TOS related to using profanity). He openly disagreed and, if I recall the thread, he stated that he no longer wanted to be a part of such a forum. A couple of others followed him out and were subsequently banned. They briefly discussed the event on FB, and them disappeared from the scene altogether.[br][br][/span][br]I'm not disputing the validity of that particular TOS rule. But, that was simply the event that led to his departure in WGs.

RipitRon...???

Yeah that guy was brutal... IIRC. Went out of his way to ruffle a lot of feathers.

RipitRon...???

Ronnie? Always good for a larf, but when push came to shove, he stayed home.

RipitRon...???

[font color=#)979e6]No comment. ;)[/font]

RipitRon...???

Why not? He did speak his mind albeit if it offended some. If he returns , it's not required that you interact with him. I'm sure some here miss him and would like to hear from him....obviously not all.

RipitRon...???

[quote source=/post/46)5/thread timestamp=)4)5535)54 author=@rog)]Why not? He did speak his mind albeit if it offended some. If he returns , it's not required that you interact with him. I'm sure some here miss him and would like to hear from him....obviously not all.[/quote][font color=#77)7)4]Roger That Roger![/font]

RipitRon...???

Ron was perfectly cool. We all come from different backgrounds, but he was a solid American tough guy who I had great interaction with. He knew his watches and he had style. Funny too. And always shared his knowledge of vendors and made solid recommendations. WG is to be criticized here. I loved its origins, but it became a bully pulpit for some with nothing better to do IMHO .... I'm still a member and enjoyed it, but, it changed and this forum is very much an infant that has room to grow in an invitational way .. Thankfully, we have Steve to get it going and to provide a positive atmosphere. I hope all will keep it that way, and help to make it a big success !![br][br]Welcome back Ron ( if you see this ). [br][br]MrBlue

RipitRon...???

He was as big of a bully as the former admin of wg's [br][br]If yur gonna look for former geeks yu need to be lookin for the mods, viper, Matt from Texas ( Kant remember his user name) , marlin( silverwatch)3) an tha rest can pound sand IMO

RipitRon...???

Whomever returns, all that really matters is that he/she respect others in the forum. Ultimately, mutual respect or, at the very least, civility, will ensure that this forum is useful to the membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom