Walking Away From Amazon at The Prime Time. Part two added 9-23-18

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
Long Island Watch
Published on Sep 7, 2018

Today I will share a short story with you; after being a watch merchant on Amazon for over 14 years, my store has been suspended and I do not think I will fight to get it back. In fact, I'm relieved.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting this up, Mike.:cheers:

Good for him. And nice inside information. Wasn't aware of the fee % or how quick they are to suspend you without hearing your side.

Very interesting. I have bought from Marc thru his website a couple of times and you cannot ask for better service!
Amazon has its pluses and minuses.

I dealt with him before and never had a problem... Sometimes you just have to move on.

Just like any marketplace unfortunately. eBay is no different either, been selling watches and other items on there since 2004. Have drastically declined in the amount of items over the last 3 years due to fees, hoops they make you go through, customer service in the "shoot first" mentality they have towards sellers. I have almost completely given it up. Your video shows me that hey someone else knows my exact pain too. Bottom line it's all about dollars and cents.

Interesting. Saved to watch and respond later.

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

Interesting, it's a different retail world out there today, and constantly changing. Good for him, I wish him the best. I also have purchased from Long Island Watch, and this just makes me more likely to do so in the future.

Very interesting - good for him. He’s right, that as a consumer, it’s hard to walk away from the services Amazon offers.

Don’t blame him one bit. Like most anything in life, Amazon can be a gift and or a curse.

Interesting - thanks for the video. I wonder if these are the same reasons why Aragon no longer sells on Amazon either. I actually bought one of my first Aragon watches from Amazon.

Interesting. Saved to watch and respond later.

Wow. That was really interesting. I would never have thought that up to 35% of his business was through Amazon. I like how he kept it real by flat out saying he still uses Amazon for personal business needs because it really is hard to beat Amazons shipping and prices most of the time. I noticed over the years Amazon selling the same products for less plus Prime Shipping over their vendors. Kind of a ****ty thing to do after those business’s helped propel Amazon to what they are.

I was recently just thinking how I see Amazon as the new Walmart. So many business’s have tried to model their business practices after Walmart only to be way to late to the game and end up closing. Now I see a shifting of the tides with Amazon ruling the world with one sale at a time. Seems even Walmart is chasing Amazon.

I personally have not had a problem with Amazon with buying or returns. It’s ridiculously easy. I just had a new pair of shoes break on me. The eyelet broke. I was almost two months past Amazons return policy. I contacted Amazons customer service through the App. With in seconds (no joke) with in seconds a real person called my cell, I explained how my new shoe broke, and I want to exchange the shoes under warranty. After a few minutes Amazon emailed me a UPS return label, I shipped the broken shoes the next day and a day later my new replacement shoes arrived.

Pretty hard to beat that kind of customer service as a buyer.

Interesting - thanks for the video. I wonder if these are the same reasons why Aragon no longer sells on Amazon either. I actually bought one of my first Aragon watches from Amazon.

Aragon still sells on Amazon.:dunno: I check the line-up all the time.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...refix=aragon+watch,aps,119&crid=2TPXEG1YTF8FP

This is the weird part I don't understand. The warranty is provided by Asurion when purchased through Amazon and not Aragon. :hmm:

[FONT=&quot]Warranty: [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]2-Year Amazon.com Warranty provided by Asurion, instead of the manufacturer.[/FONT]

I just looked at a few Aragon’s on Amazon. Looks like they are sold by Amazon and not Aragon. So maybe that’s why the different warranty company? Maybe Amazon buys X-amount of watches from ABC Watch company at a bulk rate and sells them cheaper with Prime shipping.

I don’t know. I’m just a pee-on being pee’d on by society. LOLzzzzzzz

I just looked at a few Aragon’s on Amazon. Looks like they are sold by Amazon and not Aragon. So maybe that’s why the different warranty company? Maybe Amazon buys X-amount of watches from ABC Watch company at a bulk rate and sells them cheaper with Prime shipping.

I don’t know. I’m just a pee-on being pee’d on by society. LOLzzzzzzz

Actually most are sold by Aragon, but fulfilled by Amazon. It has three different listing types. In two instances they are sold by Aragon. All listings are all the same for the warranty .......Warranty: 2-Year Amazon.com Warranty provided by Asurion, instead of the manufacturer.:dunno:

Sold by ARAGON WATCH and Fulfilled by Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Aragon-A064WHT-Divemaster-Automatic-45mm/dp/B01N8UMPCJ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1536605305&sr=8-8&keywords=aragon+watches+for+men

Ships from and sold by ARAGON WATCH. With this option there is the standard $12.00 S&H fee Wing charges

https://www.amazon.com/Aragon-A066B...605305&sr=8-6&keywords=aragon+watches+for+men

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

https://www.amazon.com/ARAGON-A082YEL-Charger-44mm-Automatic/dp/B07CMCT2NZ/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1536605305&sr=8-12&keywords=aragon+watches+for+men

Back
Top Bottom