Seeking Invicta Watch Repair Advice ???

watcher

Tyme Machine
Dear Fellow WIT's
Yesterday, while trying to polish out a scratch from my Invicta Pro Diver Meteorite watch, I accidentally dropped it and cracked the flame fusion crystal.
Took it to 2 different jewelers who both said the same thing.....we can't fix it because we can't get parts from Invicta. I then asked if they could just put a generic mineral or sapphire crystal in it and they both said no, they knew of no crystal that would fit it. It's not under warranty. Worst of all it's my most expensive Invicta, model 13988 with the ETA Valgranges A07.211 movement in it and too boot.....my one and only watch with a meteorite dial !!!

I was so angry at myself for dropping it !!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

So the question is.....before I send it off into the black hole of Invicta Repair Services, does anyone have any advice or suggestion to offer ?

Thanks for reading this and I sincerely would appreciate any advice or positive suggestions.

BTW....I did get out the scratch !!! :cry:

totalwatchrepair.com

These guys can fix it I bet. I've used them a few times. They aren't cheap but they do good work and are happy to work on the BiGI. All the watches I've sent them have been Invicta.

Edit: Mike beat me to it.:)

https://www.invictawatch.com/watch-service/customer-service

https://watchrepairsusa.com/Invicta/watch-repair

https://www.totalwatchrepair.com/pages/invicta-watch-repair

https://www.timeaftertimewatches.com/watch-crystal-repair-replacement

The watch is 52 mm. I would measure the crystal size and shoot Esslinger an e-mail with a photo of the watch and measurements.

This one in the photo is a 45mm sapphire crystal
201602-36__00638.1507145635.500.750.jpg

click an image to enlarge
  • 201602-36__00638.1507145635.60.90.jpg

Round Flat Sapphire Watch Crystal 2.0mm Thick

Your Price: $50.00

SKU:
201602-45.0

Product Description

These round sapphire glass crystals are 2.0mm thick and are nearly unbreakable making them highly prized by watchmakers. These crystals can be glued into most watch cases or pressure fit into most plastic watch crystal gaskets. Each crystal comes with a slightly polished bevel edge to give the watch crystal a nice finished look once it has been installed. These generic sapphire glass crystals can be used to replace the watch crystals of almost every name brand watch popular today, especially high end watch crystals, saving you both time and money.

• Sold individually
  • Select the size you need from the drop down menu above
  • Crystals are 2.0mm thick
  • Available from 19.0mm to 45.0mm
  • Sapphire watch crystals
  • Sapphire crystals will be cool to the touch when they have been left alone for several minutes
  • Nearly unbreakable (rank a 9 on the Mohs Scale)
  • Incredibly scratch resistant
  • Easily fit most watch cases with glue or pressure fitting
  • Crystals are flat on both sides
  • Replaces genuine watch crystals
https://www.esslinger.com/round-flat-sapphire-watch-crystal-2-0mm-thick/

https://www.timeaftertimewatches.com/watch-crystal-repair-replacement

We Provide Free Estimates & All Work is GuaranteedWE SERVICE AND PROVIDE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER PARTS FOR THE FOLLOWING WATCHES:
  • MOVADO
  • MICHELE
  • HAMILTON
  • TISSOT
  • BULOVA
  • CITIZEN
  • SEIKO
  • RAYMOND WEIL
  • GUCCI
  • LUMINOX
  • SWISS ARMY
  • FOSSIL
  • MICHAEL KORS
  • SKAGEN
  • G-SHOCK
  • KATE SPADE
  • KENNETH COLE
  • NIXON
  • INVICTA
  • TAG HEUER
  • ROLEX
  • BREITLING
  • OMEGA
  • EBEL
  • PATEK PHILIPPE
  • AND MANY MORE!
Get A Free Watch Repair Estimate today!Watch Crystals That Are as Good as New Don’t let a scratched watch crystal get you down. There are plenty of things you can do to make sure it’s as good as new in no time. The number one thing that we suggest is bringing your watch to one of our Time After Time watch repair stores. No matter what happened to your watch’s crystal or how it needs to be fixed, we promise that we’ll take care of it. Crystal repair or replacement can be a complex and even difficult process. Although you may be tempted to replace the crystal yourself, we suggest going to a professional, as they will be able to properly measure and install the crystal so that it best fits your watch. At Time After Time, we provide repair and replacement for watch crystals of all types. To learn more about our expert watch repair services, contact us today!

[FONT=&quot][h=4]NEARBY CITIES[/h]PHILADELPHIA, KING OF PRUSSIA, EXTON, CHERRY HILL, ATLANTIC CITY, OXFORD VALLEY, NESHAMINY, PLYMOUTH MEETING, VALLEY FORGE, MOORESTOWN, NORTH WALES, SOUTH JERSEY, NORTH JERSEY, BUCKS COUNTY, CHESTER COUNTY[/FONT]

https://www.timeaftertimewatches.com/locations

I could probably fix it for you, but would need to have it in my hands to order the crystal. I don't really do repairs for people though, just for the ones I am flipping.

The watch is 52 mm. I would measure the crystal size and shoot Esslinger an e-mail with a photo of the watch and measurements.

This one in the photo is a 45mm sapphire crystal

Thanks RW !!!
You're awesomely awesome !!!

I measured the crystal diameter and actually found what I think would fit diameter wise, but the the only question is....thickness. I've see crystal thicknesses of up to 4.5mm but I just don't know how thick mine is.

I could probably fix it for you, but would need to have it in my hands to order the crystal. I don't really do repairs for people though, just for the ones I am flipping.

Thanks for your more-than-kind sentiment Mr. DM.
It is much appreciated.

Best of luck getting it fixed, it's a nice watch. I wasn't sure if the crystal came out in pieces when it broke so you would be able to measure the thickness to have an idea.

They have some thick ones here.

https://www.esslinger.com/watch-crystal-flat-round-mineral-glass-crystal-4-0-mm-thick/

201400-40__82328.1507142194.500.750.jpg

Watch Crystal Flat Round Mineral Glass Crystal, 4.0 mm Thick

Your Price: $5.95

SKU:
201400-45.0

*MM / Diameter:
45.0 -- Please Choose an Option -- 25.5 30.0 30.5 31.0 31.5 32.0 32.5 33.0 33.5 34.0 34.5 35.0 35.5 36.0 36.5 37.0 37.5 38.0 38.5 39.0 39.5 40.0 40.5 41.0 41.5 42.0 42.5 43.0 43.5 44.0 44.5 45.0

Product Description

These round mineral glass crystals are 4mm thick, which is quadruple the standard thickness making them excellent for waterproof divers watches. These crystals can be glued into most watch cases or pressure fit into most plastic watch crystal gaskets. Each crystal comes with a slightly polished bevel edge to give the watch crystal a nice finished look once it has been installed. These generic mineral glass crystals can be used to replace the watch crystals of almost every name brand watch popular today, saving you time and money.

• Sold individually
  • Select the size you need from the drop down menu above
  • Crystals are 4.0mm thick
  • Available in diameters from 30.0mm to 45.0mm in .50mm increments
  • Silica is used to make these crystals scratch resistant
  • Made of hardened mineral glass to resist breakage and be long lasting
  • Have beveled edges
  • Crystals are flat on both sides
  • Easily fit many name brand divers watch cases with glue or pressure fitting
  • Replaces genuine watch crystals

http://www.ofrei.com/thick-mineral-glass.htm

Tell the two "jewelers" who told you they can't fix it because they can't get parts from Invicta to go suck an egg and find a different watch repair guy (or gal). It's a crystal.....they are off the shelf parts made by many many companies.....one will fit.

(IMHO....the real reason a jeweler resists repairing an Invicta is they are afraid of accidentally causing collateral damage to the watch that would require purchasing proprietary parts that are difficult or near impossible to get...)

Others have given great advise and info..... heed their advise and good luck in your repair. :)

Sounds like a nice enough product an upgrade to sapphire would be something it would thank you for.

Costs are not bad unless it's replacing something on the thick side.

To replace to factory original the shop in Utah that Invicta is partnered with would work.

https://www.fixmywatch.com/

If you're taking a survey I'd vote for the sapphire replacement.

I have this model. Please post the end result if you go with the sapphire. I might do the same. Good luck.

If you are unable to locate the correct size replacement Crystal, consider searching eBay for a cheap Pro Diver that shares the same case size/specs. You might find a broken one someone is selling for parts for a cheap price and have extra replacement parts for down the road as needed.

Best of luck getting it fixed, it's a nice watch. I wasn't sure if the crystal came out in pieces when it broke so you would be able to measure the thickness to have an idea.

Thanks Mr. RW,
I appreciate all the info. I like Ofrei although I've never dealt with them.
Actually the "FLAME FUSION" crystal held up rather well !!!.............Wait......did I really say that ????? :wink:
It didn't crumble or even form a large crack. So I could easily measure the thickness.....if I was brave enough to remove the crystal. As it is.....I don't have the tools so I've never tried to do that job. I sort of feel like I've already done enough damage and again if it was a lesser value watch I might be willing to give it a go but not this one. So I'm leaving this to a professional to fix.

And look at all the sizes available for diameters. I'm having a hard time believing there is not a size in that large group that wouldn't fit. But maybe it a thickness issue.

Thanks again for all your help !!! :hat:

Tell the two "jewelers" who told you they can't fix it because they can't get parts from Invicta to go suck an egg and find a different watch repair guy (or gal). It's a crystal.....they are off the shelf parts made by many many companies.....one will fit.

See....this is exactly what I thought. I'm also having a hard time believing that they can't find a crystal to fit. Especially after what Mr. RW showed in an earlier post !!!
Thanks for your input Mr. Rog1

Thanks to all for your very helpful and thoughtful input.
I will post before and after pix.

I'm humbled by the most generous help and advice. I'm also more hopeful than before for a positive outcome.
You all have re-affirmed my feelings that this space is teaming with a very special group of people.
Thanks again to all !!!

watcher I had an issue with a pro-diver a couple of months ago and sent the watch to the Invicta Service Center in Utah at www.invicta.iwscwatchrepair.com and they did and excellent job on the repair and even sent back a water resistance test data. It took about three weeks to get it back and they also sent status reports. If I were you I would contact them and see what the charges would be.

Back
Top Bottom