Bluewater Diver 500 - On The River

bearralph

Tyme Machine
Founding Member
This has to be my favorite Deep Blue (and that's saying something!). It is definitely the most photogenic with that amazing black MOP dial and the contrast of the hands, indices and markers against the black dial. It was difficult to choose just two shots (as they all came out fantastic) so I decided this one deserved three! Thanks for looking.

:outstand:A big congratulations! An outstanding presentation on the wrist, for sure!:up::applaud:

SAWEEET!!!
I have the same watch with blue MOP dial (some of the finest in my collection) and I agree it's a killer in the sunlight. I can totally understand why it is one of your favorite DB's because it's one of mines as well. Have continued enjoyment with that beauty.

I missed out on the blue but hopefully Stan will bring it back someday!

This has to be my favorite Deep Blue (and that's saying something!). It is definitely the most photogenic with that amazing black MOP dial and the contrast of the hands, indices and markers against the black dial. It was difficult to choose just two shots (as they all came out fantastic) so I decided this one deserved three! Thanks for looking.

I have a few of these and I always loved these ones that DB made. Sort of dressy and sporty at the same time. Wish they would come back.

I love that MOP and the hands. Looks killer in the sun. I can see why that's a walker. In related news I hear fish are jumping out of the water trying to bite your wrists there...lol

I love that MOP and the hands. Looks killer in the sun. I can see why that's a walker. In related news I hear fish are jumping out of the water trying to bite your wrists there...lol

Forget the fish....the WOMEN!

I like this model white MOP the best with the original or mod hands because it is all brushed and doesn't have the hp center links. The hand mod looks like one that TB would have done.

Photos and quote belong to Pallet Spoon.

Okay, so I hunted a few pictures and began to notice something. The hands these watches were delivered with were blued Seiko style hands. The one on the Bay had some cool Ploprof hands. I did a lille more investigating and found a thread where the original owner had this mod done.

DSCN1014.jpg

DSCN1019.jpg

Original hands in last photos.

ae3076b1921b4cb920ca4b5baac59963.jpg
89eb89aeb7009af8fba5d1b821fa4087.jpg

I like this model white MOP the best with the original or mod hands because it is all brushed and doesn't have the hp center links. The hand mod looks like one that TB would have done.

Funny Story: I actually took mines to two different watch repair guys to get the hands swapped. Both turned me down, both were afraid that in their experience they found that MOP dials are too fragile and easy to damage during hand swaps and didn't want to be held responsible. I thought about trying it myself but when two professionals that were my go-to guys balked at the operation, I had second thoughts. I like my DB BWD 500's to much to chance it.

You caught the orient perfectly and just top shelf all the way around.

Back
Top Bottom