Elvis Costello

Status
Not open for further replies.

eztenn

Tyme Twister
Founding Member
[h=1]Elvis Costello cancels tour dates after cancer surgery[/h]

elvis-costello1-ap-ml-180706_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg
Elvis Costello cancels tour dates after cancer surgery originally appeared on goodmorningamerica.com
Elvis Costello has canceled his remaining tour dates in Europe following successful cancer surgery, he announced on his website this week.
The performer apologized to fans and said that while the procedure went well, it's impossible to know how traveling would impact his health while he recovers.
He did not specify what type of cancer he had but did say that his doctor told him he'd rarely, if ever, seen "such a small but very aggressive cancerous malignancy that could be defeated by a single surgery."
"Take very good care of your loved ones but Gentleman, do talk to you friends - you'll find you are not alone - seek your doctor's advice if you are in doubt or when it is timely and act as swiftly as you may in these matters," Costello wrote. "It may save your life. Believe me, it is better than playing roulette."
Costello, 63, did share more "optimistic news" to close out his announcement. The singer noted that he and his band, The Imposters, have completed a "magnificent new record," which he believes will be released Oct. 1.
"We will return at the soonest opportunity to play that music and your favorite songs that still make sense to us all," he added.

Here is wishing for him a full, and complete recovery.:wink:

Hope all goes well. One of the first concerts I ever attended was Blondie and Elvis Costello and The Attractions.

Ditto and good advice. I wish he could have given that advice to Steve Jobs, who might have been around today had he listened to his doctors.

I hope it did the trick. Cancer is sneaky. (I half expected to read that he too was RIP.) He has young kids.

Didn't Steve Jobs have liver cancer or esophageal cancer? He probably lived longer than your typical patient with limited funds.

I don't care how much money you have, there are some things that you just can't buy and one of them is health.

I hope it did the trick. Cancer is sneaky. (I half expected to read that he too was RIP.) He has young kids.

Didn't Steve Jobs have liver cancer or esophageal cancer? He probably lived longer than your typical patient with limited funds.

I don't care how much money you have, there are some things that you just can't buy and one of them is health.
Steve found out that he had pancreatic cancer when he got a CAT scan for a kidney stone. It was probably resectable then and was told he needed major surgery or would not live long. He decided that he knew better and sought holistic treatment, for which he tried for around 15 months or so. When that was not working [of course], he had the surgery. He thought they got it all, but then started losing weight, a few months later, he had a liver transplant, which was probably done because of limited liver mets. But if there are mets in one place, there is often disease elsewhere, and it eventually killed him. So his unwillingness to accept the standards helped him create the Apple revolution, but also killed him. The assumption about his fast liver transplant was that he found a center that put locals on top of the list, so he bought a home nearby, and got his new liver fast. No one knows if he donated to climb the list faster, but I doubt that a facility could pull that off, even if they were stupid enough to do it. That probably only happens on TV, but I don't know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom