If your an Invicta fan you may not like what these guys have to say/My mini rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsfan1001

Banned
Its no secret that I have a love/hate relationship with Invicta I already mentioned in the past I've had some not so
great run ins with the brand but after yrs of honestly hating them I did manage to buy a few over the last 2 yrs nothing crazy
like 30+ more like 3. Now of course this is just my opinion and it shouldn't effect what I say and please don't let my brutal honest
opinion stop you from buying Invicta or any other brand. To me Invicta is that kind of brand everyone hears about but the minute
you see someone with one on, you almost have to shake your and ask yourself why is this guy wearing a dinner plate? Now of course
I would never say this to someone's face. I happen to like some of their designs but I just think they make too many watches in too many
different combinations like honestly do we really need 3000+ Subaqua Noma 3'S? I hate to burst your bubble but after the first 100 color
combo the rest start to look the same. Again I like Invicta I think they put out a decent watch for under that $1000 price but I just think
they should toned it down a bit. Just a couple days ago Ryan Johnson mentioned Invicta came out with 4,700 different designs last yr? And yet
to me 99% of what they made look all the same. Now I'm not even gonna bother with the ''New'' Platinum vs Reserve Line :nope: Anyway I'm not bashing
Invicta or who buys them, or what they make etc, But a lot of Us here can agree they make too many Watches that after awhile look the same. Now of
course I'm gonna get some of you collectors that are gonna prove me wrong call me a hater etc again I don't hate the brand or even those that buy them
I just don't see the need to make so many watches in the same look over and over again. I believe if they Got rid of the cheaper watches turned they Reserve Line
in the affordable collection in that $200-$700 range and made the new Platinum Collection their higher-end line in that $800-2000+ they would sell probably a lot better. Anyways here's the video I skipped it to the 29:45 mark.

When RJ or any other rep mentions the number of models made each year it's hype, which plenty of companies use to some extent. One thing Eyal was always honest about is how they get those numbers.

Eyal: But when I say 1,000 models, when we talk about that, we may be carrying six different dials and that’s six different models. It’s difficult to think of 1,000 models. But it’s basically modifications, or just variations on a theme to get to the 1000 different models. Different dials, bracelets, straps.

Ugh! They are telling us what most of us know but don't want to hear or admit. The problem becomes you are so knee deep in watches, you can't fathom switching over to a higher end brand and selling most of what you already have so you keep going.

Living rent-free.

attachment.php

I buy what I like...not for investing...then everyone else's opinion is worth the same as mine.

Ugh! They are telling us what most of us know but don't want to hear or admit. The problem becomes you are so knee deep in watches, you can't fathom switching over to a higher end brand so you keep going.

Just enjoy what you buy....don’t let the watch police change your ways...unless you them want to. Tons of folks here initially wore INVICTA, and have switched to others later on...if their reasons are important to you (they aren’t to me, much to some folks dismay) then switch. If not, stay the course you’ve been on, and enjoy adding Invictas or whatever you’ve been collecting.

EYAL LALO

"Do you want to know why I come out with 4,700 different designs in a year? I produce one design for every "know it all" out there that tries to tell me how to run my company, and laugh all the way to the bank"

Invicta+CEO.jpg

EYAL LALO

"Do you want to know why I come out with 4,700 different designs in a year? I produce one design for every "know it all" out there that tries to tell me how to run my company, and laugh all the way to the bank"

Invicta+CEO.jpg

Not that there are any know it all’s on THIS site! Lol.....too funny, Arthur

EYAL LALO

Invicta+CEO.jpg

I give him credit where credits due, he knows how to sell watches.

I give him credit where credits due, he knows how to sell watches.

You're right PF, He can sell watches like a butt warmer salesman in Siberia. It's really a shame he doesn't invest more of what he makes into making sure that the people he sells them to are happy with his customer service. But I ain't gonna hate on him, we all run our businesses and live our lives in the way that allows us to sleep well at night. And like it's said in the video, it seems for Invicter, it's more profitable to continually get new customers, than to keep old customers well serviced! Not how you or I might chose to do business, but I'm sure he sleeps real fine.

On another note, with what I've spent on Invicters over the years, I'm sure I've paid for quite a few of his beds and 1000 thread count bed sheets
:no:

ay I like the invicta brand I think its a good start for a new collector or an great buy for whatever your likes

Now I'm not even gonna bother with the ''New'' Platinum vs Reserve Line :nope: Anyway I'm not bashing
Invicta or who buys them, or what they make etc, But a lot of Us here can agree they make too many Watches that after awhile look the same. Now of
course I'm gonna get some of you collectors that are gonna prove me wrong call me a hater etc again I don't hate the brand or even those that buy them
I just don't see the need to make so many watches in the same look over and over again. I believe if they Got rid of the cheaper watches turned they Reserve Line
in the affordable collection in that $200-$700 range and made the new Platinum Collection their higher-end line in that $800-2000+ they would sell probably a lot better. Anyways here's the video I skipped it to the 29:45 mark.

I could be wrong but it seems to me that you're still on the horns of the "quantity vs. quality vs middle ground" dilemma. No problem with that but you're already running one in the general section.

Some people have a goal of collecting a certain number and the number may be very large which, unless you're Mayweather, means you're going to gravitate to the products that allow you to do so. Or you might want a more modest number of higher quality pieces or someplace in between.

There's no right or wrong choice which is why you're going to have to figure it out for yourself.

It should perhaps be noted that if you prefer large watches your choices are limited. There's the Panerai Egyptian Navy commemorative one of which sold at auction for north of 100 grand. And a few Breitlings that are larger than average but, on balance, if you want both large and numerous there's not a lot of choice. IWG makes more modest sizes if you don't like large.

Also, all watches tend to look alike to the general population. They're generally round, sometimes rectangular and tell time. A GS Snowflake looks like a Datejust looks like a Patek looks like some Invictas. Personally I'd prefer if not so many Invictas had divers bezels but it's worked for them so what the hey?

Since you've deployed "dinner plate" I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're fine with smaller watches. Beware - there lies some of the most expensive watches on the planet. If one's objective is to spend staggering amounts of money the 40mm product will drain your wallet faster than a cat can lick his behind.

People's priorities differ and I'm not sure you know where yours are yet. Perhaps they're in a state of flux? Relax - there's no wrong choice.

I have some 100 plus brands in my collection. Went through a big Invicta phase for a time as their products looked nothing like what else I was buying and was looking for some fun pieces. Had to learn a few hard lessons on not overpaying, but once I got that figured out I bought a large number of them . Still have most, but have been slowly moving them out. Still like them, and wear them, just nowadays I've trended back to Swiss Mid'level brands, or some of the better Japanese products, which just offer me what I'm looking for. Higher quality, more precise small details which I find appealing. To be fair my Invictas when I wear them get lots of actual compliments from people very often. My what I call higher quality(because well they are as I open my watches and look under the hood) get way less attention, but give me a good feeling. I occasionally buy an Invicta still, just not often as to me they are just not hitting any needs or wants too often. I don't look down on them as I still wear them. They've become more upfront with some things(maybe not by choice) and that is a good thing. I've always said I love filet mignon but I also like Taco Bell and Whitecastle as well. I do know the difference though. You never remember a Taco Bell or White Castle binge(your toilet might), but a great fancy meal sticks in your head for years. Maybe why I binged on Invicta's for awhile. They were inexpensive, fun and oh so many to choose from. It made my collection get pretty obese. Dieting now on a more refined diet, which means I don't get three watches a week that end up in a case fighting to get out ahead of the others which they never do.

EYAL LALO

Invicta+CEO.jpg

Exactly, and also laughing while on my yachts, my cars, my airplanes, my private Island and more. Also while his kids are riding their ponies and horses at the ranch... etc, etc, etc! Yeah he leads a sad life coming out with those pie plates size watches. And hey, really, who doesn't like pie?

I still like and enjoy wearing my Invictas but I have to admit that I have been investing in other brands more lately. I still come back to Invicta though whenever something catches my eye.

I didn't watch the video. I also hate what Invicta stands for. But I disagree with the statement that Invicta watches are not an investment. For me definition of an investment is something I purchase and make some sort of a profit on at some point of time. I've selected specific Invicta models to purchase just for flipping purposes. And I've made anywhere from 10 to 50% profit on said watches in a minimal amount of time, sometimes less than a week. Now we're not talking $2,000 return on a $20,000 investment, more like $80 on a $400 investment...
But tell me how many options out there are bringing that type of return in quickly and consistently? Yet there's always a risk. The rare and limited "we won't be making any more of these models" that you pay extra for for investment purposes wind up being worth half that amount when they screw the collector and mass produce a "limited model."
Invicta has a following, as previously stated, they fill a niche. I view them as the Walmart of watches.
I feel badly supporting a company like Walmart but where else can I go to One Stop Shop with such competitive pricing?
Same with invicta.

It is intriguing that for a brand that is disdained here by many, and bragged about by many that they will NEVER buy them again, and continuously bring up past errors from years (maybe decades ago), that the company is still important enough for some to invest their time, watch on tv, critique presentations, critique new models, post short reviews, and/or post essays on them...over and over.

I actually enjoy reading these...As successful as INVICTA is, I guess it’s true, like in show business ...there is no such thing as BAD publicity....lol

I guess I’m no different ...I enjoy posting and raving about my Invicta’s as much as others like critiquing them.

That’s what makes forums go round...

It is intriguing that for a brand that is disdained here by many, and bragged about by many that they will NEVER buy them again, and continuously bring up past errors from years (maybe decades ago), that the company is still important enough for some to invest their time, watch on tv, critique presentations, critique new models, post short reviews, and/or post essays on them...over and over.

I actually enjoy reading these...As successful as INVICTA is, I guess it’s true, like in show business ...there is no such thing as BAD publicity....lol

I guess I’m no different ...I enjoy posting and raving about my Invicta’s as much as others like critiquing them.

That’s what makes forums go round...

For me it's not the product per se and I'm happy for Bob and others whom enjoy their Invictas. It's what makes our Forum a cool place, and "makes it go" as Bob says.
I believe Wing also makes a fair size pie plate too. I give it to Invicta for making watches affordable for the masses.

For me it's not the product per se and I'm happy for Bob and others whom enjoy their Invictas. It's what makes our Forum a cool place, and "makes it go" as Bob says.
I believe Wing also makes a fair size pie plate too. I give it to Invicta for making watches affordable for the masses.
Yup...
at least INVICTA makes everything from a pie plate sized to the ittsi bisti baby sizes many others prefer. The majority of companies don’t make all sizes in abundance. And it can’t be because no one would buy them ....INVICTA , Aragon, Nixon, and Diesel sell lots of large watches watches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom