Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 GMT Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

timecat

Tyme Twister
Founding Member
This Steinhart has moved up to the top of my list. Looks like it will come in at $675 shipped to the U.S.

42MM, all titanium, sapphire, Eta auto Premium Elabore, BGW9, and the Batman Bezel. Oh, and a not too shabby 500 Meters of water resistance. It's a little more money than some of their other GMT models, but you are getting the titanium and the Elabore mvmt.

ocean_titan_500_gmt_premium_3.1512743436.jpg

You can't order it yet from the Steinhart website, but somehow there is one on eBay for $650 shipped. I'm going to wait and buy one from Steinhart. Hopefully the Euro will keep moving our way in the next few weeks. It's at $1.16 today.

Here is the Steinhart link:

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/diver-watch/ocean-titanium-500-gmt-premium.html

Euro equals United States Dollar $673.80

You can pre-order it now.
Ocean Titanium 500 GMT Premium
€554.62
SHIPPING COSTS
Subtotal €554.62
Shipping cost to €25.21
Tax
€0.00
Grand Total €579.83 = $673.80

SHIPPING COSTS

Here you find information regarding the shipping costs.

Grand Total€579.83
Subtotal€554.62
€25.21
Tax€0.00

The STEINHART Ocean Titanium 500 GMT Premium is our contemporary interpretation of a divers watch classic par excellence and comes up with many remarkable details, such as the extremely robust and at the same time very light case made of satined titanium. Additionally, it has a from the inside double anti-reflective domed sapphire crystal, which is framed by the unidirectional rotating diving bezel with its glossy black and blue ceramic inlay whose engraved markings were generously equipped with luminous material. This also applies to the pointer and the dial, whose light blue accents emphasize discretely the character of this modern sports watch. Inside the Steinhart OCEAN Titanium 500 GMT Premium the movement 2893-2 premium of the Swiss company ETA performs its extremely precise service. The beautifully decorated movement is visible through a sapphire - crystal bottom. Whether on a titanium-, rubber-, synthetic- or leather band, the STEINHART Ocean Titanium 500 GMT Premium always leaves a cool impression, a must for every watch fan.

Qty:
+
-

Preorder

I tried to pre order/test cart before I started the thread but it wouldn't let me....I got an error message

Thanks for the HU, and information, TC. Wishing you only the best on nailing this piece down.:cheers:

It's possible. It took me all the way to my PP account with no issues and I bailed.

art_bailing_water_fro1.gif
7BuY.gif

I like this one. It's about $173.00 more. $850.21
o1vdt_1kx1k_01.1512743550.jpg
o1vdt_1kx1k_14.1512743550.jpg
o1vdt_1kx1k_07.1512743550.jpg
o1vdt_1kx1k_15.1512743550.jpg
o1vdt_1kx1k_13.1512743551.jpg
o1vdt_1kx1k_04.1512743551.jpg

Nice lineage for sure and the batman look, can't wait to see pics !!!

I really like that model Robert. The Batman colors, the sweet handset, the elabore movement .... it has a lot going for it.
If it were 44mm I'd be on the website right now trying to get that in my cart.

Great looking piece, Robert. Never met a Steiny I didn't like.

Good looking watch, just don't like that the titanium color on the case doesn't match the bracelet titanium.

This Steinhart has moved up to the top of my list. Looks like it will come in at $675 shipped to the U.S.

42MM, all titanium, sapphire, Eta auto Premium Elabore, BGW9, and the Batman Bezel. Oh, and a not too shabby 500 Meters of water resistance. It's a little more money than some of their other GMT models, but you are getting the titanium and the Elabore mvmt.

ocean_titan_500_gmt_premium_3.1512743436.jpg

You can't order it yet from the Steinhart website, but somehow there is one on eBay for $650 shipped. I'm going to wait and buy one from Steinhart. Hopefully the Euro will keep moving our way in the next few weeks. It's at $1.16 today.

Here is the Steinhart link:

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/diver-watch/ocean-titanium-500-gmt-premium.html
Gnomon has it for $706 USD with 2 day shipping.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Gnomon has it for $706 USD with 2 day shipping.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Good point. I wonder if that's where the eBay listing came from--somebody who bought one from Gnomon and didn't like it or something.

I still feel like I'm better off getting it directly from Steinhart. But Gnomon is a good backup plan.

Good point. I wonder if that's where the eBay listing came from--somebody who bought one from Gnomon and didn't like it or something.

I still feel like I'm better off getting it directly from Steinhart. But Gnomon is a good backup plan.

i have the 3hand Ti Steiny Auto with the Black Bezel in that design, great watch, accuracy has been (+5sec/24hours). The bracelet/case shade of Ti is slightly different (Probably made in different factories), but is hardly noticeable, and doesn’t bother me one bit. Good Hunting...

Good looking watch, just don't like that the titanium color on the case doesn't match the bracelet titanium.

I noticed that too but I am under the impression that it may more of a bad set of photos/renditions or shadows that give that effect. Other Google photos don't show that difference.

maxresdefault.jpg

Titanium is nice for the lighter weight, but scuffs easily. Some will use an eraser or a brushed SS/titanium pen scratch removal, but it isn't like brushing out scratches on SS. The video around the ten minute mark shows how fragile this material is.

From the worn and wound review of the non-GMT version.
↓↓↓↓↓

That said, it’s in the titanium that I found the most disappointment with the watch. The edges of the case are a bit soft and the bezel, mid-case, crown and bracelet don’t quite match in tone.

http://wornandwound.com/review/steinhart-ocean-one-titanium-premium-500-review/

The use of titanium is obviously a selling point of this watch, which when paired with less-sub-like dial makes for a more modern feeling watch. It sort of rides the line between being its own thing, and a sub-homage while trying to satisfy a craving for a more affordable Pelagos. That said, it’s in the titanium that I found the most disappointment with the watch. The edges of the case are a bit soft and the bezel, mid-case, crown and bracelet don’t quite match in tone(the bracelet has other issues we’ll get to later). The bezel and crown appear lighter, the mid-case a bit darker, and the bracelet darker still. The brushing on the mid-case is also very weak, lacking texture. This likely all comes back to the “value” of the watch, as cost must be cut somewhere, but for me sharp lines and good finishing are worth the extra money.

The OTP has 22mm lugs and comes with a titanium oyster-style bracelet. It’s the same bracelet as is offered on other Oceans, but made of titanium. And, unfortunately, it’s not great. The finishing on it is an odd, matte brushing that honestly feels like it wasn’t done yet… like there was another step before it got shipped out. It’s raw and off looking with a texture that reminds me of a chalkboard. It also scuffs really fast, getting more damage from light usage than most of my bracelets have ever gotten. The clasp is also cheap feeling when constructed in titanium, feeling like one day the fold over will just stop clicking in. Steinhart now has an optional rubber strap with titanium end links that they might want to consider making the standard strap until the quality here can be figured out.

https://www.amazon.com/Brushed-Titanium-stainless-Refinishing-Watches/dp/B01597D4W4

31yDNw9vRfL.jpg

I watched this review of the watch last night, and it left me with some questions, in addition to the points noted in RW's post above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr1CUp5LPLs

Watch is still under consideration, but I am maybe going to consider a few others first. In the meantime, the Euro is coming our way.....

Euro equals United States Dollar $673.80

You can pre-order it now.
Ocean Titanium 500 GMT Premium
€554.62
SHIPPING COSTS
Subtotal €554.62
Shipping cost to €25.21
Tax
€0.00
Grand Total €579.83 = $673.80

SHIPPING COSTS

Here you find information regarding the shipping costs.

Grand Total€579.83
Subtotal€554.62
€25.21
Tax€0.00

The STEINHART Ocean Titanium 500 GMT Premium is our contemporary interpretation of a divers watch classic par excellence and comes up with many remarkable details, such as the extremely robust and at the same time very light case made of satined titanium. Additionally, it has a from the inside double anti-reflective domed sapphire crystal, which is framed by the unidirectional rotating diving bezel with its glossy black and blue ceramic inlay whose engraved markings were generously equipped with luminous material. This also applies to the pointer and the dial, whose light blue accents emphasize discretely the character of this modern sports watch. Inside the Steinhart OCEAN Titanium 500 GMT Premium the movement 2893-2 premium of the Swiss company ETA performs its extremely precise service. The beautifully decorated movement is visible through a sapphire - crystal bottom. Whether on a titanium-, rubber-, synthetic- or leather band, the STEINHART Ocean Titanium 500 GMT Premium always leaves a cool impression, a must for every watch fan.

Qty:
+
-

Preorder

Since I said in another post that I had to control my watch buying habits and my cut off amount was $400. for affordable watches then at least this GMT Steiny is above my limit.

It's possible. It took me all the way to my PP account with no issues and I bailed.

art_bailing_water_fro1.gif
7BuY.gif

I like this one. It's about $173.00 more. $850.21
o1vdt_1kx1k_01.1512743550.jpg
o1vdt_1kx1k_14.1512743550.jpg
o1vdt_1kx1k_07.1512743550.jpg
o1vdt_1kx1k_15.1512743550.jpg
o1vdt_1kx1k_13.1512743551.jpg
o1vdt_1kx1k_04.1512743551.jpg

Same here RW. If I was buying a Steinhart it would be this one. The other I have in a Deep Blue watch.

an interesting case study here. A little surprised it's on your radar Robert... but not completely. Titanium makes a great watch when it's well done. The Ti Invicta Seabase I had, my Ti Breitling and Ti H2O Hydra have all proven very durable. The h2o is type 5 Ti I believe. But I've also seen lower end Invicta Ti get scratched awful just being unwrapped. But my bigger concern would be that the bracelet in that worn and wound article looks barely put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom