For roadwarrior Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminded me when I was going to driving school when I was younger. Backing up was a problem for the majority of us. The instructors told up to use toy trucks and look at the way the trailer sits. It was a great tool to learn how to square up with spaces. I really enjoyed this video Kmot, thanks.:cheers: The detail on some of these scale model trucks in the video is amazing, right down to the air brake lines. The dump truck under the overpass was another memory. During a really bad storm I was on I-95 behind a convoy of snowplows. It seemed like forever crawling my way to the Betsy Ross Bridge. One of the salt trucks decided to lift up their hopper to the maximum height to empty the rest of the salt on the road. The driver took the same exit as me at the split for the bridge and there was a massive overhead sign that ran across the lanes. His hopper hit it and lifted the front of the truck off the ground. I thought for sure the sign was coming down on my rig, but I lucked out. It was still up hours later with the road closed until they tore it down.

Reminded me when I was going to driving school when I was younger. Backing up was a problem for the majority of us. The instructors told up to use toy trucks and look at the way the trailer sits. It was a great tool to learn how to square up with spaces. I really enjoyed this video Kmot, thanks.:cheers: The detail on some of these scale model trucks in the video is amazing, right down to the air brake lines. The dump truck under the overpass was another memory. During a really bad storm I was on I-95 behind a convoy of snowplows. It seemed like forever crawling my way to the Betsy Ross Bridge. One of the salt trucks decided to lift up their hopper to the maximum height to empty the rest of the salt on the road. The driver took the same exit as me at the split for the bridge and there was a massive overhead sign that ran across the lanes. His hopper hit it and lifted the front of the truck off the ground. I thought for sure the sign was coming down on my rig, but I lucked out. It was still up hours later with the road closed until they tore it down.

My teacher at Chipley (Washington-Holmes ) told me when backing (bumping the dock) think of the trailer like it was a bass boat going down the ramp and the fish are biting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom