Vostok day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattaphysics

Tyme Watcher
Just got these puppies fresh from eBay. All not running but had some minor problems that were mostly easy to fix. All older Vostoks one Amphidia the other Komandirskies.
Got em for a stupid cheap price and now I've fallen in love with them all. They're all hand wind which i love. There's a few more that i haven't gotten around to fixing yet but am getting there. One was completely useless and became the obvious parts watch but i love it's dial so I'm thinking of putting it one that works. The one on my wrist the only seconds hand i had lying around is the Breitling one and I immediately put it on. Waiting now to get NATO bands and a couple leather straps in the mail.

I'm thinking of selling a few but i love em too much right now. Enjoy, i know i did
4d63f14b35c597290979dcb89e617e09.jpg
63269cec6db9fb5f76cb320e2147d05c.jpg
a8aeb959957303e3aaa7f1425fcaa237.jpg

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

:up:Some very interesting looking pieces, to be sure. A big congratulations, Matt.:applaud:

Got some battle scars there. But I'm sure the russians are coming shortly :drink:

Cool Russkie old school. These will be great once you have them all fixed up

I almost bid on these. These were a good deal. Congrats on nailing them down sir. Enjoy them.

Nice one of these days I am going to have to grab some vintage Russian watches. What are the case sizes? I like my watches 43mm and larger are any of those in that size range?

Nice one of these days I am going to have to grab some vintage Russian watches. What are the case sizes? I like my watches 43mm and larger are any of those in that size range?

- they go up to 55mm crown at 12... and a bunch say death to spies......like the real commander's mecks worn resisting nazis...provenance not sure...means... i can pay between $50-$150...and if it is a good facsimile and works...i am happy...

-they take a while...3 weeks ? from ukraine...and seems longer while waiting...

- trivia... STALIN ordered any soldier or officer who retreated executed- maybe the equivalent of CORTEZ burning his shipsIN THE CONQUEST OF MEXICO... great motivation to overcome overwhelming odds...nazi war machine seemed invincible and only with the wisdom of hind sight and valiant bravery was the superior force over come-history rant over-

I almost bid on these. These were a good deal. Congrats on nailing them down sir. Enjoy them.
Yes i just had to. My first Vostoks ever and i got a bunch. I'm really really happy. The fit even threw in that Amphidia for free and this bracelet that's far too short and has a linkage system I've never seen, says Leningrad on it in Russian and English but idk how to get links for it. It looks like a hollow 2 piece link but I'm not sure.

I'm unsure about the 2 with the crown at 1-2 though, I've never seen them and i didn't see the Vostok logo, though i didn't check under the balance wheel, but they're the exact same movement. I wasn't sure if they're the 2414 or which. I'll put up a pic tomorrow.

With crown i believe i measured 43mm but it was a quick glance, i could be wrong. The Amphidia is larger however prolly around 47mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom