Pressure Testing Watches For Water Resistance-Can you do it at home? Watch and Learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelovesbug

Tyme Warper
Staff member
Warper
Deals Master
Founding Member

]Published on May 17, 2018

It's easy to say a watch is water resistant to 50 meters. But how do you test it? Does a company throw it in the ocean and check it after a few minutes? Of course not! There's a few different methods that can be used to test water resistance. In today's video, I'll describe some of these methods to you.

Please visit our store at: https://www.longislandwatch.com

Thank you for watching.

They showed the pressure testing machine on the cruise...it was pretty cool.
The only time I paid the full boat ($59, includes lifetime battery changes , I think) was on my san5 COSC, when it needed a battery (missed that crown pull...lol).
I went to the Delaware INVICTA store, and had it done. I saved the receipt and pressure test print out. I figured for resale, it be good to have.

I always thought they boil them in Eyal's sweat..........lol

GQIyNl.gif

I used to have an old 70s era Rolex Pressure tester that was given to me when my friend and watch repairman retired. He gave me a bunch of tools, manuals etc. I rarely used it and when someone offered me $3000.00 for it I sold it, He also bought the other Rolex tools I had for another $1500.00. Not a bad haul IMO. I really didn't have the room for it it wasn't huge but it took too much space for something I barely used.

Pressure Testing Watches For Water Resistance-Can you do it at home?

Answer - NO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom