Tell me true .............

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnydooropener

Tyme Machine
A few weeks ago, I found and bought an Android AD614BBN Skyguardian.
The case is dark bronze in color (aka brown).
The original strap is a dark brown leather strap.

B8ExuQq.jpg
sPSb6SJ.jpg

Anyway, I cannot find a color match bracelet for it.
I thought about a brushed silver color stainless bracelet, because the
crown and crown guard are silver tone, but the dial is black.

Ergo, I put a black mesh and links bracelet between the lugs.

ykyBMbh.jpg
GcFtbHn.jpg

2i41Lu1.jpg
DQh3wgp.jpg

Well .......... opinions, please.
Whadda y'all think?

Never liked the military styled strap on this skyguardian.The black mesh adds a nice contrast and lets the watch standout.:cool:

Between "those" two, (OEM vs Mesh) the mesh looks the nicest, even though I prefer that particular watch on a leather strap ... but that being said, I'd try and find a nice thick leather strap for that one.

On a military style pilots type of watch I always prefer a good strap. The color match though on the mesh is good though. My only concern or minor critique would be the case of the watch may be a little too thick for thinness of the mesh. Still it looks nice though, and if it feels right you'd know it.

i like it OEM and IP NOIR MESH 4 sweatin' to the oldies ( wear when temps heat up ; i hate sweating my straps )

I’m liking the mesh but to be honest I’m almost always a meshy kinda of guy anyhow.

mesh works but nato strap above seems better? But its your wrist and your joy maybe someday try to match with bronze mesh? Good deal though.

If it is plated, a bracelet in mesh or solid links will be fine, but the reason they do not make bronze or brass bracelets is because of skin reactions. Wing did make some back in the Android days. In the photo below at the very bottom you can see one of the Android mesh/solid link style bracelets.

32346918781_2524c6783e_h.jpg

I'm not sure I am in on the mesh. It doesn't do it for me. The NATOs that Mike posted seem to be the best, but I personally would stick with a really nice leather strap.

Looks like a hot fudge sunday with chocolate ice cream.....yum!

I'm actually not a mesh guy, jd. But I think this combo looks great together.

mesh works but nato strap above seems better? But its your wrist and your joy maybe someday try to match with bronze mesh? Good deal though.
I agree wit the Zulu belt as more of a match.

Thanks to all for their ideas, suggestions, opinions, etc. :applaud:

RE: some opinions and photographs up ^^^^^^ there, I'm not a NATO/Zulu fan.
That being said, I have another Skyguardian -- AD614BK that hosts an Android bracelet.

i2a6rGU.jpg

So .......... because I don't much like the OEM strap (the one with the rivets),
I am going to stay with the black mesh for now.

However, I am going to try to find a THICK brown or perhaps black leather strap that I like.

For a bracelet guy, that will be difficult. :)

Not digging the mesh. I love the original straps on those. I had the blue dial version. I remember the bracelet on the Android Maxjet fitting perfectly on the Skygaurdian.

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

I'm not liking the mesh on that one. I think leather or nato like Mike has is the way to go. I would saw spend some time fishing on the bay and seel if you can find something but i think it'll be hard to match that color. Me.....Nice 5mm thick leather or cool leather nato/zulu would rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom