Hi from a Newbee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman66

Tyme Master Jr.
Founding Member
Hi everybody I'm Royce great idea to stert up this new forum. I always liked watchses, currently got 3 fossils and a Pulsar, but recently I heard about Invicta, did some googling, and saw some designs I really like, Wanted to join WatchGeeks but it was hard to get in, then sseems the site closed, but then did some googling and found this place. Seems like a great group of guys, hope to learn more about Invicktas and other good brands, love to learn about watches and other good stuff, meet some great guys with similar interests, oh and definitely want some recomendations for my first (and second and third LOLL) Invictas! Lol[br][br]Oh, nearly forgot, my names' Royce, I'm a Professor of Waste Management at the University of Wollongong here in Australia, the greatest country in the world. LOL[br][br]Its' Great to be 'on board' (excuse the Pun! LOLOLLLOL!!!)

Hi from a Newbee!

Welcome too tha mad ness mr fingerbangs.[br][br]put a notha shrimp on tha barby

Hi from a Newbee!

LOL!!![br][br]Thanks LCI we LOVE shrimps down under, will be having a BBQ with my parenents today, will toss on on the Barbie for you mate!

Hi from a Newbee!

[quote source=/post/5)5/thread timestamp=)4)52)5)85 author=@professorfingerbang]Hi everybody I'm Royce great idea to stert up this new forum. I always liked watchses, currently got 3 fossils and a Pulsar, but recently I heard about Invicta, did some googling, and saw some designs I really like, Wanted to join WatchGeeks but it was hard to get in, then sseems the site closed, but then did some googling and found this place. Seems like a great group of guys, hope to learn more about Invicktas and other good brands, love to learn about watches and other good stuff, meet some great guys with similar interests, oh and definitely want some recomendations for my first (and second and third LOLL) Invictas! Lol[br][br]Oh, nearly forgot, my names' Royce, I'm a Professor of Waste Management at the University of Wollongong here in Australia, the greatest country in the world. LOL[br][br]Its' Great to be 'on board' (excuse the Pun! LOLOLLLOL!!!)[/quote]I only own one Invicta.[br][br]A friend told me about it, called it the rare and very fine Invicta Prodiver GMT model 6355. Just knew I had to have it when I saw the pic![br][br]I have heard Invicta donates watches and its good to know that buying something like this actually could benefit someone else![br][br]
2bm9cvD.jpg
[br]

Hi from a Newbee!

Good to have you on board Royce. [br][br]Hard to say what to recommend for your first Invicta. What do you like in a watch? Divers? Chronographs? Automatic? 4)mm? 45mm? 5)mm or larger? Invicta has them all. Some of the classic models are the Pro Diver series, Subaqua Noma series (I, II, III, IV and V), Lupah, Venom and on and on.[br][br]A good way to start may be to check out Amazon. They have a huge selection of Invicta at pretty good prices.

Hi from a Newbee!

Fantastic another chapter to start discussing watches! Glad to see a lot of WG found this site too.[br][br]Thank you. Mike[br][br][br][br]Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi from a Newbee!

Many thanks all and especially Bi Glove and MV5. That timepiece you posted BG is just amazing it reminds me of an Seamaster quite a bit. Why pay $)))) thousand plus for a Omega when Invicta gives you similar quality for a fraction of the price. MV5 I will check out Amazon, maybe look for the GMT BG posted, but I think my heart is set upon the )68)2 Frankenstien posted elsewhere now. Better start saving those dollars! LOOL

Hi from a Newbee!

Great to see you made it over here. Looks like this place has the makings of something really nice. Enjoy your stay here.

Hi from a Newbee!

[quote author=@professorfingerbang source=/post/658/thread timestamp=)4)5233394]Many thanks all and especially Bi Glove and MV5. That timepiece you posted BG is just amazing it reminds me of an Seamaster quite a bit. Why pay $)))) thousand plus for a Omega when Invicta gives you similar quality for a fraction of the price. MV5 I will check out Amazon, maybe look for the GMT BG posted, but I think my heart is set upon the )68)2 Frankenstien posted elsewhere now. Better start saving those dollars! LOOL[/quote][br][br][br]Professor, allow me the honor of gifting you your first Invicta![br][br]Will be glad to send this one to you free of charge to start your collection, if that is acceptable? It isn't brand spanking new or nearly 3cm tall, but it has a nice quartz GMT movement for sure![br][br]Private message me your mailing address, please. Heck, since you are so eager about the hobby, I will send that bad boy overnight air post![br][br]Look forward to seeing it on your wrist by Wednesday![br][br]:)

Hi from a Newbee!

[quote source=/post/728/thread timestamp=)4)5257567 author=@biglove][quote source=/post/658/thread timestamp=)4)5233394 author=@professorfingerbang]Many thanks all and especially Bi Glove and MV5. That timepiece you posted BG is just amazing it reminds me of an Seamaster quite a bit. Why pay $)))) thousand plus for a Omega when Invicta gives you similar quality for a fraction of the price. MV5 I will check out Amazon, maybe look for the GMT BG posted, but I think my heart is set upon the )68)2 Frankenstien posted elsewhere now. Better start saving those dollars! LOOL[/quote][br]Professor, allow me the honor of gifting you your first Invicta![br][br]Will be glad to send this one to you free of charge to start your collection, if that is acceptable? It isn't brand spanking new or nearly 3cm tall, but it has a nice quartz GMT movement for sure![br][br]Private message me your mailing address, please. Heck, since you are so eager about the hobby, I will send that bad boy overnight air post![br][br]Look forward to seeing it on your wrist by Wednesday![br][br]:)[/quote]BigLove, Kudos to you spreading the good vibes. It's a beautiful thing that you do.[br][br]

Hi from a Newbee!

sherm the sherminator is here . . . . Welcome Y'all [br][br]I'm glad to see all of you again. [br][br]Thank you to the Creators' kudos

Hi from a Newbee!

Hey there....we don't get many international members. This is kind of neat. I warn you, though, hanging here can be dangerous to one's wallet. :) Enjoy your stay here.

Hi from a Newbee!

[font color=#77)7)4]It's awesome that you found us Professor! I'm sure you have a lot to offer, and I hope you enjoy your time here![/font]

Hi from a Newbee!

[font color=)935e6][font size=3][font face=comic sans ms]Welcome to the BIG house [font color=)935e6]Professor, glad you [font color=)935e6]found [font color=)935e6]us and enjoy your stay! :)[/font][/font][/font][br][/font][/font][/font]

Hi from a Newbee!

Hi Royce. Please enjoy our group and thanks for joining us . I think you will find some very interesting discussions about our preoccupation with time pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom