How a Watch Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

takethe5th

Tyme Machine
Founding Member
In case no one posted this video previously, I thought it so cool from 1949 that such an excellent instructional video was released that I had to post it for others. The fact that the video was from Hamilton Watch Co. when it was still American in Lancaster, Pennsylvania just puts it over the top.

Before quartz. Its great !! Thanks Richard

Great video!! Although old, one of the best videos I've seen explaining how a mechanical watch works. Really enjoyed watching. Thanks Richard.

that's what I'm talking about:bravo:... surprisingly easy and cheap to buy vintage hammy 1949 ON THE BAY...what u get is another story...many replaced parts...painted dials...but that is the niche of the fetish i hunt on...along with PW...WATCH DADDY learned me on FRANKEN WATCHES... and shooting first and learning later schooled me on the learning curve...

-as I posted these watches from 40s-50s-60s sold for 1/20th todays prices...laid in drawers for 80 years...picked up for pennies by estate dealers broken-dirty for watch repair/rehab ...so the economics are compelling all around for sellers and buyers...of course they can be fussy and stop without notice...but i have found the mecks and autos shockingly accurate :happy:...the movements are simple and have been perfected by 400 years of watch making-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom