Going to Tokyo - any watch related stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locoboy5150

Tyme Machine
My wife and I are headed off to Tokyo for a week this coming spring and we cannot wait. Our main objective is to go to Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea, two theme parks that we (both die-hard Disney fans) have wanted to see for a very long time.

Are there any watch related sights to see there? I'm a big fan of Seiko, Citizen, and Casio watches so I figure that there must be something there to see. I just hope that I'll have the time to squeeze it in, time-wise!

I'd absolutely *love* to stop by Subaru's STI facility since I'm a big fan and owner of their products, but I just don't think that we'll have the time. It's painful to be *that* close to the holy grail of Subarus, the Impreza 22b that's on display at STI, but we just don't have enough days to see and do it all in Japan...unfortunately.

If anyone has any watch or general Tokyo related advice, please feel free to post it here. We both have never been there before so I'm all ears! (My wife has been to Japan on vacation a few years ago before we met but she didn't go to Tokyo.)

There are many Seiko and Casio models that are only available in Japan. Might be a kick to see what they have that you don't see anywhere else.
At any rate, have a great time!

Have fun! Guess you have a reason to go back now. Take some pics for us.

maybe start perusing SEIYA & RAKUTIN for JDM models...find your fave...

see if it is cheaper in land of rising sun when you get there or in USA on inter web -

Agree with Gary & ScottyB check out some on the net that you might want to buy & then when you go to Tokyo see if the price is better.

Have a great time on your trip to Disney Japan. My only advise is to check the weather before you leave. Tropical storms can and do occur at anytime of the year in that part of the world. If in doubt about a forecast, PM me a week before you leave.

Anyone see anything ominous in the lower right of today's (1-7-16) satellite picture of the West Pacific??

irngms.GIF

Museum of crazy japanese inventions would be cool

Mobile-Toilet-Paper-Dispenser.jpg

japanese-inventions-1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

IT'S A FACIAL MUSCLE EXERCISER YOU PERVERTS...LOL

Seek out the most posh street in Tokyo and search out the watch/ jewelry dealers/shops on that street. Go in and see all the Japan only Seikos and Citizens!!!!!

The Ginza district at night is amazing. Neon out the wahzoo.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3005.html

Also the cherry blossoms may be blooming and they have annual festivals to celebrate the coming of spring. DEFINITELY worth checking out. During the festivals they have octopus roasted over charcoal, with a fantastic dipping sauce. Gotta try that as well. I call it "squid on a stick", even though it's octopus...just sounds better.

Last edited:
Hello tokyo ...rog 1

you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

+1

Have a great tyme! It sounds like an adventure. I like adventures, sushi and... cake.

Last edited:
Safe journey for sure . Come back with something cool and mad pics.

Have a great trip - so much to see (i.e. G-Shocks made for the Japanese market only) ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom