I Really Shouldn't Go to the Seiko Boutique Any More

Status
Not open for further replies.

timecat

Tyme Twister
Founding Member
So I had some free time on my hands and decided to make a random trip to the Seiko Boutique on Madison. I saw a lot that I liked this time, as they had plenty of new inventory.

Gold Turtle
View attachment 14719

Marine Master in titanium
View attachment 14720

And then I had to try on this newer green 62MAS ReIssue
View attachment 14721

Your boy, Timecat, falling in love...
View attachment 14722

Fortunately the sole salesperson was distracted with some guys in there looking at Grand Seikos, so I was able to make a clean getaway without too much trouble/sales pressure.

Stepped outside and went next door to Tourneau just to calm down a bit after the Extreme Seiko Temptation.

Turns out I stumbled into a 30 month zero percent financing special that Tourneau was having. Of course they have this amazing Patek Philippe Gondolo that I've always wanted, and at a GREAT price too.

View attachment 14723

Forgot to take wrist shots....must have been the endorphins kicking in or something LOL!

View attachment 14724

Told the salesperson that I needed to go have a drink and think about it

View attachment 14725

Decided to sober up and hold off on the Patek
View attachment 14726

But I'm still dreaming about that green Seiko diver
View attachment 14727

I really gotta stop with these shopping trips. They are a lot of fun but then I get tempted by these amazing watches that I might not otherwise have cared about. I had already talked myself out of this green diver a few weeks ago because of the gold trim on the hands and hour markers, but after seeing it again I decided I liked it. The guys in the store buying the Grand Seiko liked it too LOL!

And don't even get me started about the Patek. Fortunately the zero percent financing deal is now over so I can rest easy on that one.

That Seiko MM in titanium is killer. I have a Tourneau
credit card I haven’t used yet I should take advantage of that
30 month thing Ha ha ha.

tempted by the fruit of another... U gotta drop acid and find the cosmic trap door:hat: to the NBZ TC...close call:dizzy::dance::eyes:

I hear ya...I get the same euphoric high, wanting to buy out the place, when I visit an Invicta store. It’s not the product. Whether it’s a $10 or $10,000 watch. It’s the desire and appreciation we have for what we see and what we want. It takes over when we enter the “hallowed halls”.

TC you gotta try harder and we still thank you for sharing your window-shopping excursions.
Better you than me, man !

Thanks for sharing your Seiko Boutique adventure with us, TC !
I was living vicariously through you and feeling the need to buy the Patek !!! :eyes:

Thanks for sharing your Seiko Boutique adventure with us, TC !
I was living vicariously through you and feeling the need to buy the Patek !!! :eyes:

The Patek pull was SERIOUS. I mean SERIOUS!!!!!

Robert I'm proud of you.. resisting the Seikos doesn't surprise me, you're not really getting a deal there. But 30mo at 0% that's a temptation.

Some very sharp time pieces, indeed! Thanks TC!:hat:

Temptation is much closer for you than it is for me, Robert. Thank goodness!

oscarwilde1.jpg

Robert I'm proud of you.. resisting the Seikos doesn't surprise me, you're not really getting a deal there. But 30mo at 0% that's a temptation.

This was the watch that was on sale--30% off plus 0% financing for 30 months......

VPP02474.png

Nice Seikos and the Patek, TC. I'm heading back to Tourneau and the others then next time I'm in NYC.

However, that's why we should all meet at Baselworld 2019 (and it may be the last). Other than SIHH (for the haute), it has the highest level of eye candy in all of horology and you can't buy a thing there, except food! It keeps us all from mortgaging everything we have. :happy:

That green Seiko looks great. And then the Patek - Wow. Great window shopping.

Nice Seikos and the Patek, TC. I'm heading back to Tourneau and the others then next time I'm in NYC.

However, that's why we should all meet at Baselworld 2019 (and it may be the last). Other than SIHH (for the haute), it has the highest level of eye candy in all of horology and you can't buy a thing there, except food! It keeps us all from mortgaging everything we have. :happy:

I agree with everything you have said here. Gotta get to Switzerland next March!

That green Seiko looks great. And then the Patek - Wow. Great window shopping.

You can see why I was so tempted by the Patek. When someone offers you a once in a lifetime watch like that, at a big discount, and with 0% long term financing, you HAVE to at least think about it.

Ultimately, 2 things held me back. One, the watch I REALLY want is the white gold version:

s-l1600.jpg

I was able to find this on eBay for the same price as the Rose Gold one that Tourneau was offering me. So I know the one I want is out there, even though I can't afford it without the extreme financing.

And Two, The rose gold one that Tourneau had did not come with box and papers. No box and papers on a Patek just seemed like a bad idea--like I was going to be asking for trouble if I ever wanted to sell it. And the white gold one on eBay has B&P.

At the end of the day, I should be just hunkering down in the NBZ and waiting for a better moment to step into something like this. But it made for a very interesting afternoon!

As I look at them side by side, maybe I like the rose gold better....

VPP02474.png
s-l1600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom