Not Your Father's Steiny Triton

Status
Not open for further replies.

TymeBandit

Tyme Master Jr.
Founding Member
When I heard Steinhart was coming out with the next version of their Triton line, I was afraid it would be too much like the previous Tritons for me to be interested in adding another one to my collection ... I was dead wrong. There's so much that's different they probably should have given this watch it's own new name/line. With this acquisition the number of original design Steiny's equals the number of homage Steiny's in my stable.

The things that are different:
The case, the dial, the hour markers, the hands, the standard strap, the caseback, the bezel design and bezel markings.

The things that are the same:
The Movement, the location of the crown and date window.

Like a lot of guys and gals around here I like blue stuff, and was glad it was offered in Steiny blue, but I was not prepared for how much I was going to love this blue pantone. Even without a sun ray effect it's blue is stunning ... and in direct sunlight ... drop the mic. I also really like the new caseback etching, the trident wielding Neptune looks quite peturbed.
Even though the case is shaped slightly different, it's measurements are the same, so if you could rock the previous Triton this one will feel right at home on your wrist. Here are some specs and pics, thanks for looking, tell me what you think.

Movement:
ETA 2824-2 Elaboré
Swiss made Automatic
25 Jewels, Hacking

Functions:
Date at 6 o'clock
Crown at 4 o'clock

Case:
Stainless 316 L steel satined and polished
Diameter 45 mm
Height 15 mm
Weight 145g
Lug width 24 mm screwed
Sapphire glass flat, with double anti-reflecting coatings on the interior side
Bezel Stainless steel
Back Stainless steel 316 L screwed
Waterproof to 30 ATM

Dial & hands:
Dial Matt blue, markers Superluminova Bgw9
Hour and minute hands Superluminova Bgw9

Strap & Buckle:
Strap Natural rubber, black 24 / 24 mm
Buckle Stainless steel Dual deployment butterfly, with logo
Strap Vintage leather, black 24 / 22 mm
Buckle Stainless steel PRE-V 22mm pin, with signature

Fantastic pics - congratulations on a very cool watch!

Really like this Steinhart. May have to pick one up myself...

Great pics as usual, and a beautiful timepiece. Big congrats bro!

That lume shot is sweet. Those pictures are fab and the TIMEpiece is straight up Bandit. Congrats Arthur and enjoy my friend.

Another awesome pick up Arthur, and your Pics should be in their marketing campaign.
What is the L2L distance, and how does it feel and fit on your wrist?, May I ask... Enjoy that beauty often, and in good health.

Another awesome pick up Arthur, and your Pics should be in their marketing campaign.
What is the L2L distance, and how does it feel and fit on your wrist?, May I ask... Enjoy that beauty often, and in good health.

Thanks Mark, It feels and fits just like the previous Tritons (which doesn't say much if you're not familiar with previous Tritons) I like the way it sits and feels on my exactly 7" flat-top wrist. I've tried it on leather, rubber and SS bracelet, it's pretty sweet on all. The lug to lug is a not too imposing 51mm.

I really like that shade of blue. The bezel edge is killer too. Super grab. Super Engineer Bracelet ahoy!!!!!

giphy.gif

Great thread! Pics are superb--no surprise there.

However, I am surprised at the difference in the blue in your pics vs. the Steinhart pics. Steinhart seems to be showing more of a matte, pale blue and your pics make it seem like more of a royal blue--almost a cobalt. I am not usually one to discuss colors and pantones, but it really seems different to me in this case:

SteinhartTriton30Blue2.jpg

vs.

IMG_2472_zpsrevpvfby.jpg

I like both of course, but I was just really surprised at how different your pics were vs. what I was expecting.....

Your right. If it were my fathers, it probably be in my possession! It looks great. Congrats Bandit, you did it again.
Enjoy.

Great thread! Pics are superb--no surprise there.

However, I am surprised at the difference in the blue in your pics vs. the Steinhart pics. Steinhart seems to be showing more of a matte, pale blue and your pics make it seem like more of a royal blue--almost a cobalt. I am not usually one to discuss colors and pantones, but it really seems different to me in this case:
I like both of course, but I was just really surprised at how different your pics were vs. what I was expecting.....

Thanks Robert, you are exactly right, that's why I was so surprised and delighted when I first opened the Triton's case. It's a couple of shades off the Steinhart website photos, and like I mentioned, my photos don't even do justice to how it looks in direct sunlight.

:outstand: Impressive, to be sure! A big congratulations!:up::applaud:

One awesome blue on blue tool the strap looks like it could be used to tow an airplane congrats Arthur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steiny Blue is off da chart Arthur !!! So cool pics, just a wonderful choice !!!

Beautiful, but need a few more pics to grasp the beauty of this one...........lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom