$2200 dollars for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsfan1001

Banned
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/w...-britches?mc_cid=25cdc431f7&mc_eid=7e20f48785

I give these guys credit but come on this looks like something my 3 yr old nephew would design let alone a grown ass man.
It also reminds me of one of those character watches Invicta would make or worse those cheap plastic kids watches at Walmart.
But then again I don't think even Invicta would go steep this low?

I can think of at least 10 watch brands at the $2200 price point I would rather have.

1) Hamilton

2) Ball

3) Longines

4)Frederique Constant

5) Tag Heuer

6) Seiko Marine Master series

7) Rado

8) Royal Orient

9) Armand Nicolet

10) Gucci

0107_nws_ocr-l-gutbugs-_06.jpg
walking-on-water.jpg

Only 10 numbered pieces will be made of each. This is a watch with a very specific audience. If you grew up surfing in Southern California, are a die-hard Birdwell fan, or just have some nostalgia for that 1960s beach bum lifestyle, it could be a fun weekend wearer. The nod to the iconic Mickey Mouse watches of yore is a nice one too. That said, this is one of those cases where if the watch isn't for you, it definitely isn't for you. Nobody is likely to be lukewarm with this watch.

25039874257_77144d5ee1_b.jpg
39012624135_7ea82e79f2_h.jpg
39012765545_0136f4e753_h.jpg

<em>

Do surfers make that much money these days? If so, my how times have changed!

pelican-parts-com.jpg

vintage-vw-bug-ready-to-surf-retro-images-archive.jpg

vw-bay-split-t1.5-surf-bus-miraflores-beach-lima-peru-2013-05-04.jpg

These watches were not made for the casual watch buyer or the average watch collector (us). They are made for a specific small group of purchasers interested in the watch's theme. The producer is guessing the limited number produced will just about cover that demand. If you are not a member of the producers target buying audience, exit the link and find something you're more interested in to click on, and don't waste however many minutes of your important time in life you'll never get back on something not meant for you. By just responding to this thread I've already wasted too much time, catch y'all in the next thread, I'm out ..... :wink:

oh my..... how much fun from sumthin that dum (sic) yes, yes I am.

Would make good target practice.

But I’ll take a Royal Orient please.

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

These watches were not made for the casual watch buyer or the average watch collector (us). They are made for a specific small group of purchasers interested in the watch's theme. The producer is guessing the limited number produced will just about cover that demand. If you are not a member of the producers target buying audience, exit the link and find something you're more interested in to click on, and don't waste however many minutes of your important time in life you'll never get back on something not meant for you. By just responding to this thread I've already wasted too much time, catch y'all in the next thread, I'm out ..... :wink:
Geez, Arthur. Your post contains more text than all the replies put together. Time wasted? Not if you're just expressing an opinion. It's all good. :cheers:

Couldn't be said any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom