There's a Predator in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertsr

Tyme Machine
Got it just this morning, through snow and sleet and freezing rain.

38959575890_35af2bc6ba_c.jpg
40059989884_19bec06569_c.jpg

38959576300_402ae01ebb_c.jpg
40059990074_91f3aa02a6_c.jpg

The DNA of the older Predator is definitely here, but it's streamlined and a bit more refined. Interestingly, the thing that strikes me most of the differences between the classic and this one is that the bracelet doesn't taper at all.

Solid build all in all. The bracelet to case transition is super-tight and the lume is reminiscent of tritium tubes. In fact one of the guys here at the office wouldn't believe that it wasn't until he held it under his desk. :wink:

Loving the drilled case back for the removal tool. I can't tell you how many scratched backs I've seen from the ones that just had divots taken out of the edges. Bravo on that. There is much hullabaloo about the lack of a scissor hinge on the clasp, but once it's closed I don't really notice any difference. I guess it's one way that Wing is keeping the price affordable.

Very happy with the snag, especially since it came in the mummy wrap for absolutely a used price.

Thanks for looking!

A predator can make it under any weather condition! It looks pretty nice.
Congratulations and enjoy.

YES!!!!
I have to agree, great DNA streamlined and refined. I've always loved the Predator bracelet and bracelets that don't taper but....

:lolcry::lolcry::lolcry:

Great score, Robert. I love a clean 3 hand auto. :up:

A clean 3-hand auto Predator, what's not to like. Cool Robert !!!

:outstand:A big congratulations, Robert!:up::applaud:

I see Wing boasting how Aragon has their own factory to keep the cost down. IMO using cheap stamped metal clasp over $79.00 watches to $699.00 models with Valjoux 7750's saves the company money. I can see this benefiting the company building the watches more than the consumer buying them, giving them a higher profit margin when it comes time to deal with Evine. If they were used on lower end models and premium models used only premium parts, I could buy that theory. I see the same K1 and mineral crystals, stamped clasp being used across the board on the majority of the models other than a select handful of models. I'm not buying it when I hear Wing selling the point how much Aragon models are improved over Android on Evine shows, using only the best parts. They finally are using screws in many models instead of push pins, so I'll give him that. On the majority of my older Android models they are all built just as well if not better IMO, using scissor clasp except for the last few years of production. I started to see things slide in the last few years of Android, weaker lume, stamped clasp and so on, but the price structure remained the same. :dunno:

collage%201_zpsiq1br9ge.jpg
collage2_zpsenndidlk.jpg

Congrats Rob. The case reminds me of the Savant and I always loved bracelet. Wasn't the Predator called the Course Air?

Congrats Rob. The case reminds me of the Savant and I always loved bracelet. Wasn't the Predator called the Course Air?

Oh Yeah you're right Woody, I had forgot all about that model until you mentioned it. The Android Corsair was a very close cousin to the Predator.

Android-Corsair-chrono-eMail.jpg

There were a bunch of Corsair models made.

38968754290_6a010f4c73_c.jpg
40778539581_41306d87e9_b.jpg

40778541701_3cd02427c5_b.jpg
40778545711_832d394921_b.jpg
25028773954_5ae1769567_h.jpg
25540591212_fd5695d449_h.jpg
36384802666_c42c315756_b.jpg

https://www.evine.com/Product/622-960

soldout_2008_overlay_1

Android 48mm Corsair Limited Edition Automatic Skeleton Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch

With its commanding presence and bold functionality, this limited edition Corsair sets you apart from the rest! The impressive timepiece commences with a round silver-tone surgical grade 316L stainless steel case. A black stainless steel unidirectional rotating bezel features a blue Arabic scale. Your limited edition number out of 800 comes etched on case back which also serves to reveal the accomplished Seagull TY-2809 Automatic Movement with 21 jewels. A screw down crown completes the 16mm thick build.Grabbing your attention, a round fully skeletonized dial boasts a blue skeletonized dial plate and silver-tone movement. Luminous Superluminova accented silver-tone stick index markers appear at all hour positions. "ANDROID AUTOMATIC" displays near 3:00. Superluminova tipped skeletonized silver-tone hour and minute hands indicate the time in low light. A silver-tone seconds hand features a red Android logo at its base.
Adding a level of sophistication to the design, a silver-tone stainless steel bracelet tapers from 31mm wide to 24mm wide at the name etched push button deployant clasp. Keep unforgettable, precision-crafted style by your side with the limited edition Corsair by Android!
Bracelet: Stainless Steel
Movement: Seagull TY-2809 Automatic Movement w/ 21 Jewels
Crystal: Mineral
Crown: Screw Down
Clasp: Push Button Deployant
Bracelet Measurements: 8-1/2" L x 31mm W
Case Measurements: 48mm
Case Thickness: 16mm
Weight: 10 oz.
Water Resistance: 20 ATM - 200 meters - 660 feet
Model Number: AD649BBU

https://www.evine.com/Product/624-899

soldout_2008_overlay_1
soldout_2008_overlay_1

soldout_2008_overlay_1
soldout_2008_overlay_1

Android 46mm Corsair 45 Automatic Deep Dish Dial Stainless Steel Bracelet WatchChoices: Black, Blue, Purple or Silver-tone

Combining a commanding profile and strong industrial inspired aesthetics, the Corsair 45 offers a strong presence for the modern man with style. A round silver-tone stainless steel case topped by a unidirectional rotating bezel with a luminous diver's scale centers this design from Android. Four screws accent the case lugs while an exhibition back puts the motion of the automatic movement on display. Dual reed textured center links join brushed silver-tone outer links to compose the bracelet.

The round deep set brass sunray dial in your choice of black, blue, purple or silver-tone displays green luminous stick index markers at all hour positions. A magnified date window surfaces next to 3:00. Luminous accented skeletonized hour and minute hands work together with a red seconds hand with the AD logo on the balance to indicate the time.

Details
  • Movement: Japanese SII NH35A Automatic w/ 24 jewels
  • Movement Country of Origin: Japan
  • Case Measurements: 46mm
  • Case Thickness: 17mm
  • Crystal: Hardened Mineral
  • Crown: Screw Down
  • Bracelet: Stainless Steel
  • Bracelet Measurements: 8-1/2" L x 28mm W
  • Clasp: Push Button Deployant
  • Maximum Wrist Size: 8-1/2"
  • Water Resistance: 20 ATM - 200 Meters - 660 Feet
  • Weight: 9 oz
  • Model Numbers:
    Black: AD718BK
    Blue: AD718BBU
    Maroon: AD718BPU
    Silver-tone: AD718AS
https://www.evine.com/Product/626-313

soldout_2008_overlay_1
soldout_2008_overlay_1
soldout_2008_overlay_1

Android 45mm Corsair Quartz Chronograph Deep Dish Dial Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch
Choices: Black, Blue or Green dial
Make a statement with the Android Corsair! The stainless steel case features a unidirectional rotating bezel. A luminous triangle index marker and luminous Arabic numerals in increments of five beginning at 20 creates a diver's scale on the bezel. A coin edged crown and function pushers rest along the side with the Android logo etched upon the crown. The stainless steel bracelet features a push deployant clasp and showcases both the Android name and logo upon the clasp. The bracelet includes two rows of horizontal line textured, inlayed center links.Luminous stick index markers reside on all hour spaces. Arabic numerals track along the outer dial in military time indicating hours 13-24. Luminous skeletonized hands share space upon the sunray textured deep dish with a 1/10th seconds counter subdial below 12:00, a 60 seconds counter subdial above 6:00 and a 60 minute counter subdial near 9:00. Stand out with the Android Corsair today!
Details
  • Movement: SII VD55B Quartz Chronograph
  • Movement Country of Origin: Japan
  • Case Measurements: 45mm
  • Case Thickness: 17mm
  • Crystal: Hardened Mineral
  • Crown: Screw Down with Function Pushers
  • Bracelet: Stainless Steel
  • Bracelet Measurements: 8-3/4" L x 29mm W
  • Clasp: Push Button Deployant Clasp
  • Water Resistance: 20 ATM – 200 Meters – 660 Feet
  • Weight:9 oz
  • Model Number:
    Black: AD723BK
    Blue: AD723BBU
    Green: AD723BGR

Definitely a great looking watch. I love the black that Wing does. And those really do look like tritium tubes--an interesting treatment for the hour markers. I think he did that in another watch--not the exact same, but made the hour markers look like tritium tubes.

Cool Tool! Enjoy!

Edit:

This Enforcer--I always thought it looked like it had Tubes
639-180_01_swatch

Oh Yeah you're right Woody, I had forgot all about that model until you mentioned it. The Android Corsair was a very close cousin to the Predator.

Android-Corsair-chrono-eMail.jpg

Thanks Arthur for the correct spelling of the name. I couldn't remember it at the time. But I knew I was close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom