Possible back to back Nor'Easters

Status
Not open for further replies.

rog1

Tyme Master Jr.
Founding Member
A strong cyclone is developing near western Pa. which will probably combine with an ocean cyclone and form a Nor'Easter. I'm sure the weather entertainment stations are probably referring to this winter storm as a "bomb" cyclone....or even winter storm Reilly. The storm will be strong and because of the angle of it's projected path , a strong storm surge is very possibly for areas of MA. and to the north and possibly also eastern LI. for several tide cycles. The worst conditions should last 24 to 36 hours. The cyclones tail will yield severe T-storms or snow storms depending on your temperature probably all the way south to NC VA. border.

The long range weather models also show another winter Nor'easter developing around 150 hours after the current storm passes. At this time this storm does not appear it will be as strong as the current storm but it may first move offshore and then retrograde back and strike around Maine.....way to early to forecast this one but just beware , a one two punch is possible.
Stay safe our NE WITS. :)

Calling for potential winds 30-70 mph here in DC. The news suggested wearing Venoms on both wrists if walking outside to help weigh you down.

Thanks for the HU, and information on these, Rog.:hand:

Calling for potential winds 30-70 mph here in DC. The news suggested wearing Venoms on both wrists if walking outside to help weigh you down.

u must have a new writer...back to back laughs

To me it's all good weather. I guess if you are retired you can think that way. I just see this as another opportunity to binge watch and read.

​Just got about a foot of the "White Stuff" dumped on us over the night time. Going to tapper off, and blow outta town this afternoon. Looking forward to Spring!:lol:

So this is March coming in like a lion? There were predictions concerning the beginning of March. It was supposed to start off windy and cold in the Northeast.
Old Farmer's Almanac had predict a mixed bag for March weather: sun, rain, snow. March is always unpredictable.

Wow does this suck. There are roads blocked from hundreds of down trees. It took me 2 hours instead of 20 minutes and I was able to drive under two downed trees. Iwas just one block away from my home but a owned tree blocked the road. I took 4 other routes...all blocked. I just waited for one that was being cleared to take a back, roundabout route and made it, adding another hour.

Sounds like you guys got hammered by this one.:salute:Not fun, that's for sure.:no:

Sorry to say but a few reliable models are showing support for "round three" next week.....

slp41.png

No, rog!!!! No!!!!

My knees are aching from shoveling out of the foot of snow that hit yesterday. And this was HEAVY snow. I can't take another round.

No, rog!!!! No!!!!

My knees are aching from shoveling out of the foot of snow that hit yesterday. And this was HEAVY snow. I can't take another round.
Ditto. I probably had sheer pin left on my snow thrower by the time I was near finished, so I finished with a shovel.

Sorry to say but a few reliable models are showing support for "round three" next week.....
Yeah, I gotta buy some sheer pins or my snow thrower to be ready....and Advil/Motrin!

" you don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows "-

BOBBY Z

Today's models show next week's storm strengthening slightly farther offshore and not quite as ferocious as my graphic posted above, but be prepared for poor weather anyway. Sometimes the models go back and forth like a windshield wiper. Your Sunday evening local forecast should have a good handle on what to expect for your area next week.
Very long range models show cold weather right up to spring, and maybe longer if you live NJ or farther north. There is a remote possibility of an early spring storm for the NE near the end of this month, but that is way way far in the future to be reliably. I only mention it so if it does happen , you will not be surprised

Today's models show next week's storm strengthening slightly farther offshore and not quite as ferocious as my graphic posted above, but be prepared for poor weather anyway. Sometimes the models go back and forth like a windshield wiper. Your Sunday evening local forecast should have a good handle on what to expect for your area next week.
Very long range models show cold weather right up to spring, and maybe longer if you live NJ or farther north. There is a remote possibility of an early spring storm for the NE near the end of this month, but that is way way far in the future to be reliably. I only mention it so if it does happen , you will not be surprised

say it aint so joe...rog1

The snow isn't the problem for me, it's the foolish things some drivers do on the road. It was like a war zone back in 2013 on 295 and the turnpikes. This is nothing compared to some of the past stuff. Uncle Sam is going to love the fat OT paycheck.

screen-shot-2013-12-08-at-1-45-27-pm-1.png
giphy.gif

Lot power after midnight and had no TV,,internet or phone all evening and most of the wee hours of the morning. Roads look better now but lots of sedans got stuck or crashed. Glad I drive an SUV. I drove over fallen trees, around them and under some too. This place looked like a battlefield.

Lot power after midnight and had no TV,,internet or phone all evening and most of the wee hours of the morning. Roads look better now but lots of sedans got stuck or crashed. Glad I drive an SUV. I drove over fallen trees, around them and under some too. This place looked like a battlefield.

amazing how little it takes to break down the infra-structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom