Zixen closing its doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevhillstrainer

Tyme Machine
Too bad they were a great brand,

“After serving the Dive Watch Community for almost 15 years, it is with very heavy hearts that I have decided to close ZIXEN WATCH INC. “The decision to close our doors has been extraordinarily difficult. We postponed it for as long as possible,and arrived at this conclusion only after immense consideration. However, due to several factors, it’s no longer financially feasible for ZIXEN to continue to operate. “Market factors have played the most significant role. Our facility was built to support product demand at the height of Micro watch Brand movement, but our sales never fully recovered following the Great Recession. We have watched our sales dwindle dramatically to only 20 percent of production capacity, while overhead expenses have continued to increase. Our consistently reduced levels of sales simply cannot cover the fixed costs required to operate. “Additionally, the entire Global mechanical watch industry is now being challenged by the new trends in electronic media and gadgets. ZIXEN WATCH INC would like to express our deepest gratitude to all of our partners, customers, fans and others who have supported ZIXEN over the past 12 years, and who continue to support us now. We will continue selling the inventory we currently have on hand over next couple of months ahead. We are now offering a 40% discount on all existing inventory. please e mail us at [email protected] addition if you are interested in the latest new project which we completed few months ago the ZIXEN Pilot Chronograph mechanical wind, we have a limited number in stock 15 units that are also on clearance, $850.00. e mail us for detail and available inventory. Thanks again to all of our fan worldwide and wish you all success, health, and happiness!!”

Yours truly,

Joe Sadri

Damn. That's really sad to hear.

Zixen made some outstanding dive watches.

Seems like its ultra challenging to be a small business now. The large conglomerates and regulations crush the little guys. Sad....

Very sad news indeed.:no:

ZIXEN going out of business, 40% off all items

ZIXEN going out of business, 40% off all items

Thought some of you might be interested.... Didn't see it already posted anywhere:

GOING OUT OF BUSINESS CLEARANCE SALE ON ALL ZIXEN MODELS 40% OFF LISTED PRICE
“After serving the Dive Watch Community for almost 15 years, it is with very heavy hearts that I have decided to close ZIXEN WATCH INC. “The decision to close our doors has been extraordinarily difficult. We postponed it for as long as possible,and arrived at this conclusion only after immense consideration. However, due to several factors, it’s no longer financially feasible for ZIXEN to continue to operate. “Market factors have played the most significant role. Our facility was built to support product demand at the height of Micro watch Brand movement, but our sales never fully recovered following the Great Recession. We have watched our sales dwindle dramatically to only 20 percent of production capacity, while overhead expenses have continued to increase. Our consistently reduced levels of sales simply cannot cover the fixed costs required to operate. “Additionally, the entire Global mechanical watch industry is now being challenged by the new trends in electronic media and gadgets. ZIXEN WATCH INC would like to express our deepest gratitude to all of our partners, customers, fans and others who have supported ZIXEN over the past 12 years, and who continue to support us now. We will continue selling the inventory we currently have on hand over next couple of months ahead. We are now offering a 40% discount on all existing inventory. please e mail us at [email protected] addition if you are interested in the latest new project which we completed few months ago the ZIXEN Pilot Chronograph mechanical wind, we have a limited number in stock 15 units that are also on clearance, $850.00. e mail us for detail and available inventory. Thanks again to all of our fan worldwide and wish you all success, health, and happiness!!

Yours truly,

Joe Sadri

http://zixenwatch.com/

Hate to see these guys go. My Zixen is one of my favorite pieces. :no:

laws of supply & demand claim top left coast micro boutique as another victim-

ZIXEN f.k.a. ZINEX going out of business...duly noted-

Seems like its ultra challenging to be a small business now. The large conglomerates and regulations crush the little guys. Sad....

-respectfully disagree ...it is the macro fundamentals contracting not the regs imho...sure the big swiss dogs have more muscle before they hit bone...but they are cutting research and prices to manipulate profit...ever since the chinese stopped watch buying by decree the industry has been shrinking...smart phone ubiquity has made watches a redundant anachronistic man jewelry IMHO JMHO...

- and let's face it dive watch trend is cooling and FLIEGER is getting hotter...the trend was not ZIXEN's friend-

-ZIXEN also did not price cut as savagely as many-many competitors...they allude to fixed costs which could not be lowered- a very common scenario in the world of insolvency-

-when the industry shrank in the 70's from japanese quartz all boats sunk...there were no survivors...out of the ashes of bank consortium SWATCH arose with the ETA ENGINE biz as an appendage...

-not sure how it will play out but i see nothing to reverse trend and think worse will precede better...if it does get better... but; i got no dog in this fight and sure don't want one-

Sad anyway. I had forgotten they had a higher price point !!!

Man these last few days have been a bummer for watch fans. First Seiko says their discontinuing the Marine Master 300m, Sarb 33 and 35 and the Alpinist now
this? I never owned any of these watches/models mentioned but I would like to add them someday.

Yea, I like the watches but the prices always seemed sky high. Even at 40% off, it still feels like too much. Sorry to have to say that.

I had a Vintage Diver Coke Bezel GMT for years and it was a really cool watch. I think I actually broke even on resale, to Zixen's credit.

Sorry to see them go. Thanks for the post.

Yea, I like the watches but the prices always seemed sky high. Even at 40% off, it still feels like too much. Sorry to have to say that.

I had a Vintage Diver Coke Bezel GMT for years and it was a really cool watch. I think I actually broke even on resale, to Zixen's credit.

Sorry to see them go. Thanks for the post.
I agree, even with 40% discount, still a no go here.

Might have to check out their inventory if 40% off!

like the fellas are saying... when I bought mines 6 years ago... I paid a couple HUN premium over HONG KONG FULL SWING CATALOG--

but these last couple years I noticed when all swiss-chinese micros were competing in a death cage match ( slashing prices )

ZIXEN had raised prices way above where they used to be...they decided not to meet the market or could not because of fixed costs-

if their sales declined 80% as stated... the writing has been on the wall long time- no dis to the micro and what they used to be-

whale oil lamps & horse drawn carriages all faced these same problems

Yeah, just looked at prices - even with 40% off no good deals to be had. Maybe in coming months, they'll mark down further to clear them out.

Love Zixen and I've had five or six models but as mentioned above even with the discount they are still priced kinda high. I bought the Vintage Diver Nitrox from their eBay store at a much lesser price than what they are offering it now, with the discount.

I don't know where these were manufactured.

Clearly, they didn't enter into the fray of cutting their prices to the bare minimum (whether or not their manufacturing allowed that).

There may have been no choice and they may have done it to themselves, but I still hate to see them go.... :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom