PDA

View Full Version : The Making Of The Movie Gladiator.

jimz
02-24-2016, 05:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0g06GWs8D8
:bam:,,,http://slot-machines.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/gladiator-scr.png,,,:bam:

spell12
02-24-2016, 06:02 PM
Great movie.. One of Russell Crowe's best. Thanks for sharing

bundamania
02-24-2016, 06:08 PM
Thanks jimz...also the deleted scene on the disc of the lion getting ready to kill and eat the woman and her child for entertainment is too much!
One of my all time favorite movies!

buzzmartian
02-24-2016, 06:08 PM
This one is in my top 10. Great movie all around. Crowe was superb!

pacerguy
02-24-2016, 06:14 PM
As Peter Graves said to Joey, the young boy in the movie Airplane...."So Joey, you like gladiator movies?"

So Jim, you like gladiator movies? Lol

buzzmartian
02-24-2016, 06:26 PM
As Peter Graves said to Joey, the young boy in the movie Airplane...."So Joey, you like gladiator movies?"

Where are you going with this Bob? He also said "have you ever seen a grown man naked"? :no:

eldonjuan
02-25-2016, 04:08 AM
Top movie all around!!! Have seen it 10 tymes, Russell was great on this movie!!

dannyswatch
02-25-2016, 04:33 AM
I go to the theater about every 5 years because I'm pretty selective and I saw this at the theater and it won best picture that year. Great flick.

daycoo2
02-25-2016, 07:16 AM
An absolutely superb move. One of Russell Crowe's best performances.:cool2:

ScottyB
02-25-2016, 08:27 AM
Great movie.. One of Russell Crowe's best. Thanks for sharing

couple notches below SPARTACUS. BEN HUR was penned by GOVERNOR LEW WALLACE , NEW MEXICO circa 1880... legend has it WILLIAM BONNEY aka THE KID met secretly with THE GOVERNOR and a deal for pardon had been shook on...BUT Lew was so busy penned up in the GUBANATORIAL MANSION furiously writing SPARTACUS that the deal to pardon the KID went by the wayside...well you all know that BILLY THE KID was hunted down by his " buddy " PAT GARRETT. PAT GARRETT was a no good soul. PAT sank into ignominy after he hunted down his buddy FOR MONEY.

GLADITORIAL COMBAT was an integral part of " bread & circuses " paid for by politicians and the plutocracy of ROME; BREAD & CIRCUSES placated the hoi polloi vox populi. Sounds familiar ? Media consolidation-devoid of content-reality shows- populace unaware of civil rights & fundaments of our constitutional federal republic ?

THERE is no AFTERWORD to SPARTACUS. The ROMANS hunted all slaves who participated in the slave uprising. It took a while but all participants were captured , killed, crucified. Romans were not touchy feely in administration of justice. you do not accumulate empire by a soft touch.

WELL the COLISEUM of ROME was built on the foundations of the newly pillaged COLLOSUS OF RHODES...ROMANS were deft acquirers and adapters...translation...their impressive structures were built with concrete...they say...THE COLLISEUM could be flooded AND NAVAL BATTLES TO THE DEATH WERE CONDUCTED THEIR... the exotic animal trade from m africa...was responsible for transporting probably a million exotic beasts... ( I BET A BUNCH OF WHICH ARE EXTINCT NOW ) BLOOD SPORT was conducted man against man-beast against man-beast against beast-TO THE DEATH.

Blood sport & spectacle was transmitted from the ROMAN EMPIRE to the USA by means of EUROPEAN COLONIALISM; through bull fights-cock fights etc. . In fact, in PUERTO RICO where cock fight is government licensed...my first impression was of a " mini coliseum" ( a tiered arena with a dirt floor ) ...the trainers raised the cocks on steroids and they had razors taped to their spurs... blood spattered on my guyaberra. There were hundreds of com fights and I lost every bet. Once was probably enough to sate me for a life time. Wish it was the same with watches.

GLADIATOR is a cool flick... a lot of the institutions in that flick from 2 millennia ago are present in our daily life.

rog1
02-25-2016, 10:32 AM
^^^^^^^^ Bread and circuses.....

Locoboy5150
02-25-2016, 10:42 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVY0Hy-D7XE

dorothyparker
02-25-2016, 04:05 PM
Russell Crowe was good, but I can see other actors who could have played the part just as well. In my opinion Joaquin Phoenix was a scene stealer. You just hated and despised him, an amazing actor.

ljf29
02-25-2016, 06:07 PM
Thanks for posting. Along with Braveheart and the Patriot, it's among my very favorites. If I ever did any acting and had to think of a thought sad enough to bring tears to my eyes, I'd only have to think of him coming home to his family to find them murdered. Breaks my heart every time.

ScottyB
02-25-2016, 07:12 PM
Thanks for posting. Along with Braveheart and the Patriot, it's among my very favorites. If I ever did any acting and had to think of a thought sad enough to bring tears to my eyes, I'd only have to think of him coming home to his family to find them murdered. Breaks my heart every time.

CLASSIC REVENGE SET-UP like a good western-