SW500 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT219

Tyme Watcher
Is it possible to adjust second hand on this movement. Thought I read somewhere that this was a problem with this movement. Piece is new, worn 3 times but chrono second hand is no longer lined up to 12 o'clock position. Can this be adjusted?

Only by removing and re-seating by a watchmaker. Not the best news I could give, but welcome to the forum.

SW500 problem

You can reset a Quartz yourself but not a mechanical. Simple task for a watch maker

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk and monitored by the NSA

Is it possible to adjust second hand on this movement. Thought I read somewhere that this was a problem with this movement. Piece is new, worn 3 times but chrono second hand is no longer lined up to 12 o'clock position. Can this be adjusted?

Have 2 in my collection. Was impressed w accuracy and smoothness of rotor. +/- 3sec and 8 sec per day when I texted mine upon purchase. Will lose seconds more substantially when winding down if left to sit.
What brand gave you the bad apple?

my valjoux is out at a jewelers as we speak

Yep the Big I is well liked here yet scored as well...lol. Welcome to the fam:)

Dropped off at jewelers 1 hour ago. I will report results and costs

I could have fixed it :)
Hope its not too $$. Let us know what happens

No warranty left? I know some people are laughing at this reading the idea of Invicta warranty. But for 30 bucks shipping and a long wait time it's still cheaper than a jeweler

No warranty left? I know some people are laughing at this reading the idea of Invicta warranty. But for 30 bucks shipping and a long wait time it's still cheaper than a jeweler

I don't believe the wait time is that long anymore now that they go to Precision Time.

I don't believe the wait time is that long anymore now that they go to Precision Time.

It is definitely better for sure. 5 years ago I waited over 6 months only to receive my brand new watch not packaged correctly and so banged up it looks like somebody tied it to their bumper on a Just Married vehicle. Last one I sent one in for faulty movements I got back in 6 weeks. So it's still a wait especially when your baby is out there somewhere scared and alon, haha, but better for sure.

My watch guy charges $30 for such a fix and is done in a day. Not an expensive fix as he is just re-seating one hand. I guess there are plenty of places that rip people off.

They will give me a quote before work proceeds. I have no idea about costs I will soon fine out.

No warranty. Hopefully this is reasonable or I will not get it done at this time.

It is definitely better for sure. 5 years ago I waited over 6 months only to receive my brand new watch not packaged correctly and so banged up it looks like somebody tied it to their bumper on a Just Married vehicle. Last one I sent one in for faulty movements I got back in 6 weeks. So it's still a wait especially when your baby is out there somewhere scared and alon, haha, but better for sure.

I think they advertise a 10 day turnaround time now, might even guarantee it. Heard Justin talk about it also on Evine.

I think they advertise a 10 day turnaround time now, might even guarantee it. Heard Justin talk about it also on Evine.

Well, if Justin said it on evine, then must be true!... Haha sorry I couldn't resist.

Same issue with an Invicta SAN I with the Valjoux 7750. Had to go to Jeweler.... Had that happen a number of times with that brand, never with Omega or Hamilton. Luck of the draw???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom