7750 Availibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bundamania

Tyme Twister
Wing and Stan seem to have very few issues sourcing 7750's for their needs...and then be willing to sell them for well under 1k in new designs?

IMO sourcing could be a number of factors for different vendors. With Aragon and Deep Blue it has been some time since they released 7750 models since the first wave hit. They have said in the past they have a certain allotment. It seems more Valjoux and ETA 2824's have become available. I've seen micro-brands using the ETA 2824 more recently, hopefully Swatch overplayed their hand causing stock to sit.

Swatch definitely overplayed their hands. My thing is if I can get an Alpina or Hamilton for $700, makes it hard for me to think of some of these other brands as good value. Just my opinion since it’s my money I am spending. Not being negative towards these other brands

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk and monitored by the NSA

Value means different things to all collectors. Examples below leaves name brand heavily discounted Swiss made old stock value priced items out of the equation for obvious reasons.

example one

ARAGON Men's 52mm Enforcer Limited Edition Swiss Valjoux 7750 Automatic Watch w/ Collector's Case - 641-979
Sale price =$699.99

Details
Movement: Swiss ETA Valjoux 7750 Automatic Chronograph w/ 25 Jewels
Movement Country of Origin: Switzerland
Case Measurements: 52mm
Thickness: 19mm
Bezel: Unidirectional rotating
Crystal: Hardened mineral
Crown: Screw down with function pushers
Subdials: 12:00 - 30-minute, 3:00 - Day and date window 6:00 - 12-hour and 9:00 - Perpetual seconds
Bracelet: Stainless steel
Bracelet Measurements: 8-1/4" L x 32mm W
Clasp: Push button deployant
Water Resistance: 100 ATM - 1000 meters - 3300 feet
Weight: 12 oz
Watch Country of Origin: China

example two

MASTER CHRONO 7750 AUTOMATIC DIVER- VALJOUX 7750 SWISS MADE CHRONOGRAPH MOVEMENT
BLUE DIAL SPECIAL PRICE after 40% =$699.60

LIMITED EDITION 1000PCS WORLDWIDE 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EDITION
Bezel: Blue/White
Dial : BLUE
Hands: SILVER
45mm case, 17mm thick, 22mm Lugs , 54mm Lug to lug top to bottom ,316L Stainless Steel
Swiss Automatic Movement Valjoux 7750, 25 jewels , 28,880 VPH
Chronograph Functions-12 hour (6 o’clock position) 30 Min counter (12 o’clock position, Running Seconds (9 o’clock position) + DAY/DATE
Sapphire Crystal 4mm thick with Inside AR coated
1000 Meters - 3300 Feet Water resistant
Ceramic Luminous Bezel (scratch Resistant ) with BGW9 BLUE Superluminova, 120 Click Uni –Directional BezelP>
Superluminova -Luminous Hour Markers, Hands, and subdial hands
Helium Release Valve –Recessed ( oclock side of case
Screw down pushers , crown and screw down caseback
Push Button Deploy Clasp with safety , Full links, Half Links, Screws in Bracelet,

The Deep Blue with a sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel and much better lume would be a better value for some. That gets derailed for the buyers who prefer larger size watches like 50mm, so the Aragon jumps to the front for those collectors. There isn't any right or wrong. Everyone has their own recipe of ingredients on what makes and constitutes a good value when it comes to spending their own cabbage.

IMO sourcing could be a number of factors for different vendors. With Aragon and Deep Blue it has been some time since they released 7750 models since the first wave hit. They have said in the past they have a certain allotment. It seems more Valjoux and ETA 2824's have become available. I've seen micro-brands using the ETA 2824 more recently, hopefully Swatch overplayed their hand causing stock to sit.
^^^^^+1:hand:^^^^^

7750 wobble is a jonesing addicition for many

anigif_original-19087-1393957087-5.gif

Swatch definitely overplayed their hands. My thing is if I can get an Alpina or Hamilton for $700, makes it hard for me to think of some of these other brands as good value. Just my opinion since it’s my money I am spending. Not being negative towards these other brands

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk and monitored by the NSA

KARNAC sees engines available...you want ? how many ? no problem and invite to fondue party in BASEL-

agree...the big dog trademarks are compelling value at current prices discounting to meet the market and engineer profit through volume sales and cut research-

got no dog in this fight...just battling a wrist addiction here-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom