just a question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignoize

Tyme Master Jr.
Founding Member
Nothing more than a thought, keep in mind. we are men of like minds, when it comes to the matters of the wrist. heres my question...

Should your cell phone cost more than your watch?

​Well, from the way I understand it, a lot of the young folks now use their cell phones to tell the time, and watches, if worn, are only accessories to impress. So if your buying for status, the answer should be no.(jmho):dunno:

Yes..calling 911, and being able to charge the battery anywhere, are a couple reasons for me.

No need for a fancy, high priced cell phone. I only use it to make calls, I never send text messages. It comes in handy for quick photos when playing on the road, or I once used it at an accident scene.

Accident2a12-23-11.jpg
Accident3a12-23-11.jpg

I think so. Not that mine does or doesn’t but it is way more important. I call,bank,bill pay. Our watch is a fashion item of sorts now a days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing more than a thought, keep in mind. we are men of like minds, when it comes to the matters of the wrist. heres my question...

Yes .................. well, I really mean no, but wait just a moment ........................

Huh?
What?

Please repeat the question. :dizzy:

HxKvgmU.gif
HxKvgmU.gif

HxKvgmU.gif
HxKvgmU.gif

I'm not into cell phones and I proudly admit that I still use a simple flip phone that is nice and small. All that I need it for are phone calls - that's it. So in my world, no a cell phone does not need to cost more than a watch.

I'm rather unusual in today's world in that I view a cell phone as a tool, much like the tools in my garage. It's purpose is to get a job done. It's neither a lifestyle nor a status symbol. But...I'm weird in today's world where people are obsessed with their cell phones.

generation-of-idiots-on-cell-phones-2-638.jpg

generation-of-idiots-on-cell-phones-5-638.jpg

generation-of-idiots-on-cell-phones-3-638.jpg

Technology is a tool, not my life. :)

But, that being said, I absolutely *LOVE* cell phone obsessed people that wait for days out in the freezing cold in front of the Apple store just to buy a new phone to replace their "old" one that they've had for only six months. They keep the US economy humming along smoothly! If everyone were like me, the US would always be in a recession.

Sometimes, some watches, but not all of them. It depends. :grin

I believe this really a non-question. I paid full boat value on my recent SE cause I didn't want the up-grade value. This would have changed my plan which is a crazy good deal.

My IPhone is a necessary evil which I accept and not in the same league as my beloved time pieces.

I need a phone to make and receive calls with. That's all I ever needed. I even got along just fine with phone booths before cell phones were invented. No, they don't need to cost more than my watches.

I need a phone to make and receive calls with. That's all I ever needed. I even got along just fine with phone booths before cell phones were invented. No, they don't need to cost more than my watches.
^^^^^+1:hand:^^^^^

I don't think so. My celly is just a tool. I only need one that fills all my needs. Calls, texts, photos, I rarely use it for interwebs access but on occasion it has come in handy. But my watches are my hobby, I need many and all of them, and crave more. My preciouses.

Could you imagine having cell phones as a hobby? Having to fill up an 18 slot glass top phone case? Flipping your last 3 or 4 Iphones for one upper tier Rolex Cell phone? Hanging out at PhoneInTyme.com?
:nail:

Well some are cheaper & others more expensive than my phone.

You can even use your smartphone to use PayPal and send money to people.....if you don’t believe me, send me some money, and you’ll see for yourself.

Absolutely not.

One reason for this is that your watch, hopefully, doesn't get replaced every couple of years.

I was first made aware of that when a couple of materials geeks were opining on the use of sapphire on phones - the fact that phones are now largely disposable commodities suggests one shouldn't invest in something intended to increase the screen's life to ten years because not that many folks have ten year old phones.

On the other hand your watch is intended to last a lifetime or, failing that, at least go longer than two or three years. Typically speaking a 5 year old phone is considered trash in need of replacement while a 5 year old watch is just getting broken in.

As a consequence the phone should be as cheap as possible while providing the required service. Soon enough you'll replace it.

Besides if your taste ran to Rolex where would you find a 10,000.00 watch and wouldn't you feel a bit creeped out if you threw it away in two years? And who would ever own dozens or hundreds of phones?

The simple answer is no. My smartphone didn't cost anything (from Verizon) a few years ago. Nowadays they want to sell you a new phone every year, well not to me. I don't need a new one every year. As long as the one I have holds out I probably won't get a newer model anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom