leelovesbug

Tyme Warper
Staff member
Warper
Deals Master
Founding Member

IBTimes UK

Published on Jan 9, 2018

Alligators in Florida were filmed frozen stiff and encased in ice in North Carolina.To survive the winter they go through a process call brumation whereby they slow their metabolism and stay still whilst trapped in the ice with only their nostrils above the water.

Alligators in Florida were filmed frozen stiff and encased in ice in North Carolina.To survive the winter they go through a process call brumation whereby they slow their metabolism and stay still whilst trapped in the ice with only their nostrils above the water.

Same sort of idea (I believe) as the Florida iguanas falling out of the trees.
They go into some altered state of hibernation.
No harm....no foul. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

brumation for gators when it aint weather it's climate-

cool..literally

If humans were that smart, we'd do the same thing to get through the winter months except stay in bed instead of the water. Nope...we're the only stupid animals that say "let's go out and go to work" when it's freezing cold and (at least here where I live) raining like crazy. :headbang:

...still waging my life long, one man campaign in support of human hibernation.

IBTimes UK

Published on Jan 9, 2018

OK I'm confused. Were the gators in Florida or North Carolina? :dizzy:
If they brumatate too long we can all have some extra watch straps.
:grin

Kinda like what I do waiting for the new Invictas to be released in Minnesota during the winter.

This is how gators deal with the cold ...................

This is how gators deal with the cold ...................

XZoBcAt.jpg

"Brumatation, schumatation, we gonna kill us some gators"
26140cd6096495c948de7b72160c2906.jpg

I like my breaded alligator bites hot, not cold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom