Here are 9 reasons why Rolex is so successful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nine very good, and solid points indeed. Thanks for posting up the article, and wishing only success on your safari.:happy:

Nine very good, and solid points indeed. Thanks for posting up the article, and wishing only success on your safari.:happy:

Thank you glad you liked it and thanks for wishinhg me luck it, won't be easy but as long as I don't get tempeted by every other watch and save here and there
I should be able to get it by next January/Feb of 2019. Yes its a long way ahead but in the end it'll be worth it if I did this two yrs ago I'd have it by now lol.

Great info. My collection won't be complete without a Rolex.

Just don't buy new...a pre-owned one in great condition will save you a lot of cabbage.

Likewise. I will not buy another watch before I get my Explorer 2.

BINGO !!!

42501M019002_1.jpg

As much as I would like to own a Rollie, I cannot justify in my mind paying several thousands of dollars for a single watch. Maybe if I was a millionaire, it would be chump change and wouldn't even notice the amount of money. Just my .02

As much as I would like to own a Rollie, I cannot justify in my mind paying several thousands of dollars for a single watch. Maybe if I was a millionaire, it would be chump change and wouldn't even notice the amount of money. Just my .02

I am 100% with Pacco17....except my threshold is maybe $400...lol........my most expensive is a $500 on a Strider Hyperdive.

I used to feel the same way but the more money I spent on "Chepaer'' made watches after awhile I would ask myself why did I spend the money
on these watches when I could of had that one watch I've been lusting after.

I used to feel the same way but the more money I spent on "Chepaer'' made watches after awhile I would ask myself why did I spend the money
on these watches when I could of had that one watch I've been lusting after.

I’d be the opposite...if I spent over $3000- $10,000 on a single watch, I’d have buyers remorse, and would have regretted not having a dozen (or dozens) of watches in the $200-$300 range.
Everyone kids Invictas marketing .....well, Rolex doesn’t do a bad job either, most successfully convincing many watch buyers that they need a $10,000 timepiece.

I'd have to say that the first 5 reasons are marketing, then next, the desire to be pretentious. The minority would be collectors. :grin

I’d be the opposite...if I spent over $3000- $10,000 on a single watch, I’d have buyers remorse, and would have regretted not having a dozen (or dozens) of watches in the $200-$300 range.
Everyone kids Invictas marketing .....well, Rolex doesn’t do a bad job either, most successfully convincing many watch buyers that they need a $10,000 timepiece.

I get what your saying but the majority of the watches I owe see little to know wrist time. want to spend around $3500 max which puts me in the Datejust range in SS if I go older like a late 80's early 90's model if I'm lucky. There are tones of great watches in the $300-900 range but I've been lusting after a Rolex since I was 14 lol.

I get what your saying but the majority of the watches I owe see little to know wrist time. want to spend around $3500 max which puts me in the Datejust range in SS if I go older like a late 80's early 90's model if I'm lucky. There are tones of great watches in the $300-900 range but I've been lusting after a Rolex since I was 14 lol.

I get it....that’s what makes this hobby so diverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom